Difference in Ipods?
Apr 1, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #31 of 44

Quote:
That's the wife. Easily spend $1499 on a sewing machine, but thinking that spending the same amount on a HD800 is blasphemy. I can never understand women... 

I just want to go on record by saying im about as "Manley" as it gets. I collect guns, Knives, flashlights, etc but that is the most BAD ASS sewing machine I have ever seen...

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #34 of 44

Quote:
I just realized/ remembered you have a wife. At your age? Wow, that is young man.

I don't have a wife, but my friend does and his wife has that $1499 sewing machine.

I don't have the time or means to get married right now. xD

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #35 of 44

Quote:
I just want to go on record by saying im about as "Manley" as it gets. I collect guns, Knives, flashlights, etc but that is the most BAD ASS sewing machine I have ever seen...

Would you accept your wife buying it and not allowing you to buy a headphone of the same price?

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #37 of 44

Quote:
I would not be able to tolerate that.

Yup. So when you look for a wife, be sure to tell her you're going to spend as much on tech as she spends on clothes. If she agrees to that, you will definitely have a very large sum of pocket money.

It's funny when people think that we have expensive hobbies. My HD800 probably cost as much as a dress. And women are never satisfied with one dress.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #38 of 44

Quote:

Would you accept your wife buying it and not allowing you to buy a headphone of the same price?

I was just talking crap when I said my wife would kill me. To be honest I know verbatim what she would say. She would laugh at me, shake her head and say "Mikey, you are out of control". Same thing she said when I told her I bought a $4k rifle, $700 flashlight, $800 wallet, etc. My wife is about as cool as they they get...

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #39 of 44

Quote:
I was just talking crap when I said my wife would kill me. To be honest I know verbatim what she would say. She would laugh at me, shake her head and say "Mikey, you are out of control". Same thing she said when I told her I bought a $4k rifle, $700 flashlight, $800 wallet, etc. My wife is about as cool as they they get...

Now that sounds like a wife that most of us here would choose. :p

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #40 of 44

Even i cant stomache a $700 flashlight and $800 wallet....

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #42 of 44
What can I say, Im a major flashlight geek and I enjoy cordovan leather... 

That flashlight must shine all the way up to the stratosphere and that wallet better ointment my skin and torso or be able to be put on display as an attraction.... or I wouldnt be able to even fathom it.

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #43 of 44
So I acquired a (free) 120GB Ipod Classic today. Put rockbox on it and loaded it with 110GB of FLAC. I REALLY like the UI of rockbox. Extremely simple and I love how it just lists content just how it is on the ipod. To elaborate, the #1 thing I hated when I had my last ipod like 5 years ago and on my wife's current 120GB classic is how if you have songs on there that featured another artist, it would make a "folder" for that featured artist. So if you were in your ipod looking under artist there would be a million artists because damn near all of my music seems to feature someone else. this bugged the hell out of me. With rock box, all there is is a nice list of all my folders which are the artists names. So very clean. And of course there is the beauty of drag and drop. I have used it for about 3 hours total today without a glitch. 

Right now I'm leaning towards the 120GB classic, RSA SR-71B and ALO LOD for the time being. Being a new Head-Fier I feel like I should work up to anything better. Ill run this for a year and if those crazy Mayans are not right, at the beginning of 2013 I will bump up to the RSA SR-71B, CLAS, ALO cables, some form of a stock IDevice (to run CLAS) and some HD-800s.

Bowei, Thanks for all the insight man. I read a crap ton on all the stuff you mentioned and I learned a lot. I have a much better understanding than I did 48 hours ago... 

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #44 of 44
Your welcome. The HP P1 is an all in one device but as I can see you want your own specialty amp :) I suggested the HP P1 before I found out about your stratospheric flash light and self massaging wallet.

Always make sure the amp you are looking at has enough power to drive your headphones. Many of those higher companies sometimes dont have a power rating. For headphone like HD800 you want to make sure there is enough power.

Well once you get your iBasoo you can compare and see yourself :)

Remember, give your equipment 2 weeks. The difference is small to new commers at first but your ears will soon adapt and be "cleared"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back