Difference between the normal and the limited edition of Shure SE215
Jan 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JayFeng

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am currently live in UK where it's nearly impossible to get the limited edition, so I am thinking about buying the SE215 normal edition in black colour. I wonder are they noticeably different between the normal and the blue edition? Is it worth getting the normal edition instead of the limited edition at the moment? Thanks.

I really want to get a Shure earphone and I listen to all sorts of music, literally all sorts!

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 9
I have both. To put it short the limited edition is bassier and has a shorter cable. There are more subtle differences, mids are not as recessed, but other than the bass the differences are small. I use the normal ones as my everyday IEMs and I'm very happy with them. I bought the limited edition from Accessory Jack and had them delivered to the UK, no problems.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the reply, I noticed there are about £20 difference between them, I am not sure whether it's worth it or not. But I currently have the XBA-C10 and I found it sound pretty cold and lack of bass(single BA, of course).

(I won't be disappointed if I get the normal SE215, right??)

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks, I should consider to get an limited edition if I can. BTW that accessoryjack website, do you think it's legit or not? because I don't really want to get a pair of fake SE215. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 9
The ones they sent me are definitely legitimate. I did a little bit of research before buying from them, but everything I found was positive and some of those reviews were from head fiers.

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 9
do the shure se215 have nozzle filters? i would imagine they do. and if so you can Always swap out the nozzle filters and you will get different frequency responses. knowles dampers are what im talking about.

shure has a tenancy to use different filters and then call them ''special'' unless they use a completely different dynamic driver they are probably achieving more ''bass'' ect from the dampers. 

for instance with the se535 bronze or clear, if you take the stock filter out and put a grey knowles damper in, it gives you almost the identical sound as the ''special'' se535-ltd-j so that is something to think about, the filters are cheap and there are a decent ammount to choose from.

or you can just get the limited edition

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 9
The SE215 do not have filters. The special edition comes with foam tips with built in wax guards (none of my other Shure IEMs came with these) but neither version has any sort of filter/damper. The difference in sound comes from the drivers.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 9
The SE215 do not have filters. The special edition comes with foam tips with built in wax guards (none of my other Shure IEMs came with these) but neither version has any sort of filter/damper. The difference in sound comes from the drivers.

ahh i see, never owned the 215 so i was unaware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back