Didn't like roon, foobar2000 is good, what's better?
Aug 29, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #61 of 79
Or the tests are correct, our current understanding of jitter in modern USB transition is correct, our current understanding of digital music processing is correct and our ability to measure beyond human hearing is correct. And jitter and other "Windows OS issues" are actually not problematic in 2018...

But if you can provide some counter evidence beyond subjective evaluation, we can certainly discuss it.

I'm not enough into this to discuss in depth about measurements. There's nothing wrong with measurements - I believe those are correct. Now, whether a methodology used to provide those measurements realistically describes and translates correctly to a realistic audiophile listening experience, that's another pair of shoes. And whether a set of measurements is enought to describe well the quality of output, too. I wish I knew more so I could discuss it better, but I don't.

The reason why I don't take measurements by granted as a full measure of quality is because I know how specs may mean little in terms of listening experience. Provided specs sound great...but sound doesn't sound as great. So when someone puts measurements that's great, but personally I cannot take set of measurements as an absolute measure of sound quality. And I personally hear a difference. I know some others who hear the difference too. I know some others who don't. Who is right? I'll pick to trust my own ears in front of someone else's ears, or rationalization. However if you as well pick your own ears, that's good, it's the same what I do :) and I think the ears should be a primary criteria in audio, to anyone. Listening is personal, anyway.

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #65 of 79
jRiver and Mp3Tag is a perfect match clean, plays everything, does bit, and sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back