Did you feel sad when you realized you don't need another phone?
Jun 22, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #17 of 32
For me personally it has absolutely nothing to do with some sort of a 'hole' or void in my life I am trying to fill (God or otherwise), so please don't speak for us all.

In my case it has everything to do with me having a bit of 'disposable income', or 'play money' that I enjoy spending on a hobby that I could give up in an instant if I needed to for some reason.

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #21 of 32
Yes, senseless upgraditis can be tough when there's no reasonable next victim in sight. At least when all possible sidegrades turned out to be equal or even disappointing, and you can't afford the standard K1000 or L3000 path.

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These psychadelics are awesome, Hi-Finthen!! I can see the colors that my KSC75s are drawing... WOWWWW!!!!

OMG, he took the blue pill...lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by OvidiuDanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I totally agree with you. That empty space can only be filled with love and the sense of belonging to something far superior to what this life can offer. I mean pure love, the love of God.
But music can make us happy and joyfull so we try our best to find the purest sounding music for that purpouse.

Bless you my son, its allergy season
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me personally it has absolutely nothing to do with some sort of a 'hole' or void in my life I am trying to fill (God or otherwise), so please don't speak for us all.

In my case it has everything to do with me having a bit of 'disposable income', or 'play money' that I enjoy spending on a hobby that I could give up in an instant if I needed to for some reason.

Exactly, and well said!

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #23 of 32
I don't feel sorry at all when i realise i don't want buy another pair of headphone ... for now. Actually i feel happy, because my choices of buying made me satisfied ... for now.
I know i will want a pair in a near future, but i feel i can handle a while without buying something. Hopefully this while take a few months ...
icon10.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #24 of 32
Today, after reading the moderately favorable review in the ant forum, I pounced on the Little Dot MKIII. The review could have said anything except it sounds just like a good SS portable amp and I still would have bit. Well, not really, but it seems worth $275 (I got an extra set of tubes for $30) and I don't have a tube amp (unlike everyone else here so I feel kinda left out) and think this a good one to start with. (Notice the not so subtle effects of HeadFi indoctrination in "this is a good one to start with".) When I first came here last year I was mindlessly surfing the NET looking for reviews of Gary's PA2V2. I took a peak under your (now our) HeadFi tent and what I saw reminded me of that scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind when that humongous space ship first shows itself. Shock and awe! Well, almost. But this is a delightful hobby and a good place to hang out 'cause there's always something new (to buy). And to think I still believe cables don't matter. Even I know in 6 months I'll be saying how could I have been so dense not to comprehend how absolutely essential they are in removing that last smidgeon of haze that keeps us from savoring the sound of the farts from the chorus in Mahler's 8th Symphony.

Jun 23, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same. I love the "new-toy sensation"
tongue.gif

'cause that "new toy sensation" never ceases because they keep getting better and better.

Jun 23, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #26 of 32
Being the obsessive-compulsive from hell, I’m always tempted to get more cans than I really need, but right now, with R10s and Edition 9s, I’m pretty set. In fact, I’ve passed on several opportunities to buy L3000s and once on Qualias because I’m happy with the spectrum of coverage I’m getting from the two ‘phones. Which makes me either (a) content or (b) incredibly stupid.
icon10.gif
So, no, I’m not really sad about not getting any more ‘phones.

Jun 23, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #27 of 32
Well, I found my 'perfect headphone' a while back... but I still spend money. Hell, I still buy headphones!
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back