did u finish your steak everytime?
Aug 13, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #31 of 57
I bet Morton's has a great Prime Rib! I've had their Ribeye and loved every bite. But at 22 oz., some of it would be coming home in a bag. OK, now I want a steak too!

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #33 of 57
When it comes to steak, I like it lean. As long as it is cooked well and is lean, I could imagine eating about 24 oz. I once had 3 prime ribs in WY (16 oz ea.), but since they are less lean, I probably ate 24 oz of it.

Fillet mignon with mushrooms and onions in a mushroom sauce on the side is HEAVEN!!!

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #34 of 57
This morning I had to get a NY Steak with eggs. I can't remembered the last time I had that, but this steak thread made me want one
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it even physically possible to fit 73oz of steak in your stomach?

drhibbert.gif
"This man died from a fatal case of 'Beef Poisoning'. Probably contracted at another restaurant.

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cutting the fat off? That's where 75% of the flavor is!

i cook with the fat on the steak, but don't eat pure fat on the edges or sometimes in the center of a nice rib eye. the fat provides amply taste while cooking and i do like seeing a decent amount of marbling fat throughout the cut, but pure fat isn't something i'll eat straight-up in mass quantities.

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #37 of 57
look at that hotdog eating contest, what did someone eat this year, 66? its definitely possible, but like others have said, why buy the bigger steak if its going to be painful to eat it

that said, i know someone who's done that deal twice, and both times just because it was 7-8 people at dinner, but he regretted it both times having had to force that last bit down

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #39 of 57
I have never been defeated by a steak. But highest I've ever gone is 24oz.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #40 of 57
When you're at Peter Luger's, you will finish the huge porterhouse no matter what. Best steak I've had to this date.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a very large man (6'3", 260lbs) and I would be fully stuffed after eating a 22oz. piece of prime rib.

I have in the past eaten ridiculously large steaks (above 1.5lbs) in their entirety but everytime it's made me sick to my stomach. The best way to ruin your favorite meal is to eat too much of it, so I stick with just enough to get me full.

Haha! I'm less than half your size: 5'7" 120lbs
tongue.gif

Never ever had a 22oz on my own. The largest I've had is also 16oz, but that was when my stomach could take it. Those days are history and I'm fairly content with a piece of 8oz-12oz.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16 oz is about all i could handle

But a new place opened beside us here last week that is offering a 52oz one for free if you can finish it, anyone try something this size ?

A few years back, if you asked me to eat a 52oz steak, it wouldn't be that hard. I was eating 48oz steaks and helping my girlfriend finish her meal all of the time. But I never had the courage to try the 72oz challenge. I have two friends who've actually finished it though. One around 5'9" 250 lbs, and one 5'4" 150 lbs, lol.

There's 2 records at the steak joint. One for speed, one for amount. The fastest someone finished their 72oz steak was 10 minutes. The other record was a 72oz steak, 3 sides, buffalo wings, and 2 pitchers of beer in 46 minutes. Now those guys are monsters.

These days, a 20oz Rib Eye is my choice.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's 2 records at the steak joint. One for speed, one for amount. The fastest someone finished their 72oz steak was 10 minutes. The other record was a 72oz steak, 3 sides, buffalo wings, and 2 pitchers of beer in 46 minutes. Now those guys are monsters.

i find something truly offensive about this kind of gluttony, and am somewhat surprised that people think that acting like a monstrous pig is amusing or heroic.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i find something truly offensive about this kind of gluttony, and am somewhat surprised that people think that acting like a monstrous pig is amusing or heroic.
rolleyes.gif

The thought of a monstrous pig feeling smug made me LOL
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back