did u finish your steak everytime?
Aug 12, 2007 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

Konig

1000+ Head-Fier
i went mortons today and ordered a 22ounce prime rib in the bone. I only managed 8 ounce. How do you beastly carnivores always manage to finish a whole STEAK serving at all??!!

Im flabbergasted to see this middle sized caucasian guy devouring a 48 ounce porter house right in front of my eyes. I got this feeling that he is a werewolf.

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 57
The question here is, how can you NOT finish your steaks? Unless I had one really badly cooked..there is no other reason for me not to finish my steak!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 57
I've never had a 22oz steak before but yes I do finish my steak every time (the biggest steak I've had was 16oz).

Damn I'm hungry for steak now
frown.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 57
I used to be able to finish a modest sized steak (with sides). But now I'm on a diet, so I don't even eat half...

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 57
I'm a very large man (6'3", 260lbs) and I would be fully stuffed after eating a 22oz. piece of prime rib.

I have in the past eaten ridiculously large steaks (above 1.5lbs) in their entirety but everytime it's made me sick to my stomach. The best way to ruin your favorite meal is to eat too much of it, so I stick with just enough to get me full.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 57
i actually did not finish my steak 2 nights ago haha

BUT when i went to Alexander's Steakhouse, i managed to stuff down at 28oz Porterhouse, among many other things (a little hot and cold foi gras, himachi (sp) shooters, mac 'n' cheese, some fried shrimp of some sort that i forgot the name for, edemama, and a little dessert too!) throughout the course of the meal. I don't know how i managed... (i'm only 5'4" and 130lbs LOL). weird thing is, i wasn't so full that i couldn't move after i was done... i think it's the way they space out their servings

if i were asked to do it again... i'm not sure i could

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually did not finish my steak 2 nights ago haha

BUT when i went to Alexander's Steakhouse, i managed to stuff down at 28oz Porterhouse, among many other things (a little hot and cold foi gras, himachi (sp) shooters, mac 'n' cheese, some fried shrimp of some sort that i forgot the name for, edemama, and a little dessert too!) throughout the course of the meal. I don't know how i managed... (i'm only 5'4" and 130lbs LOL). weird thing is, i wasn't so full that i couldn't move after i was done... i think it's the way they space out their servings

if i were asked to do it again... i'm not sure i could

the last time i finished off a 24 ounce porterhouse is at capital grille chicago during dinner. I drove from Toronto and didnt eat anything during breakfast/lunch and i have to say i felt damn sick after i gobbled up everything with brute determination.

Is it inappropriate for 2 to order a steak and tell them to cut it?

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #8 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to be able to finish a modest sized steak (with sides). But now I'm on a diet, so I don't even eat half...

Ditto for me too.

Except I have zero steak right now.

-Ed

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #9 of 57
I'll take the 8 oz filet side anyday. The t-bone/porterhouse just has the less enjoyable strip side to waste my time, and doesn't cook as nicely as the filet by itself.

I've done a 22 oz prime rib but it wasn't the best cut (Outback style), so it was more like maybe 12 oz of edible steak and a lot of fat. Still tasty but I prefer a sirloin from the chains, they usually can't mess those up too badly.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #11 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never had a 22oz steak before but yes I do finish my steak every time (the biggest steak I've had was 16oz).

Damn I'm hungry for steak now
frown.gif

Same here. I only had a 22oz a very few times and I did finish it. If it's good I definitely finish it. Now I am hungry for steak too lol

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #12 of 57
22oz is rough for me--it has to be really, really good and I have to be really, really hungry and craving a steak. Generally I'll have a nice 12-16oz Ribeye steak if I have a choice in the matter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #13 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
22oz is rough for me--it has to be really, really good and I have to be really, really hungry and craving a steak. Generally I'll have a nice 12-16oz Ribeye steak if I have a choice in the matter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh Ribeye. Can't go wrong with that. Must eat steak
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #15 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16 oz is about all i could handle

But a new place opened beside us here last week that is offering a 52oz one for free if you can finish it, anyone try something this size ?

52 oz?????? they could have made it really sucky so u wont finish it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back