Did my UE Triple-Fi's just die?
Nov 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RokabillySwagger

100+ Head-Fier
Haven't been here in a long time. I think the bass driver in my left Triple-Fi just quit. I tested multiple different tips and even tried it in both ears and a-b tested with right and the low end is all but gone in the left ear. Not sure if I should try to get a new cable or if something in the earphone itself has died and now I am out a pricy pair of IEMs (admittedly I got them for $99 during the great Amazon sale a while back). I really don't want to go back to my Westone's because they can't hold a candle the to UEs but looks like I am screwed. Any recommendations on testing or trying to isolate the problem enough that I can try to fix this? Cable doesn't crackle and doesn't look too work so I would tend to think that isn't it.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 6
it is not the cable. You can prove that to yourself by switching the cables from one earphone to the other. I think one of your drivers either died or a soldering point got loose inside. It is also possible that one of your filters need to be replaced because they might be too soiled with sweat and junk.

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 6
Contact Logitech, they'll send you a shipping label to send it back to them, and they should send you a brand new pair. I had my TripleFi's casing fall apart, and they're en route to Logitech right now.

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 6
azncookiecutter -  How long have you had you TripleFi's? I was lead to believe on the website they only have a 30 day warranty and these are almost a year old. I suppose I will need to investigate that option.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 6
Wow. Just got off the phone with Logitech/UE. Great dude on the phone. Started the replacement process. I have like 25 days of warranty left so they picked a great day to die. This is the second time a headphone company blew me away with service (first time being Westone). Makes the high price seem totally worth it. Now if only I could find my UM-1's to hold me over until I get fresh UE TF10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back