Did I make the right choose for gaming cans? (DT 990 Pro)
Dec 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rayz

100+ Head-Fier
I've just ordered a brand new DT990 Pro 250Ohm cans, and I know it's kind of stupid to ask that question NOW- but after I made some "homework" searching the forums, I wanna make sure for the last time that my choice was right. I can still cancel the order.

I choose 990Pro for gaming, home-theater and some punchy music. right now I'm having an AKG K701, they are awesome, but I found their sound not suitable for those needs.

In gaming and movies I want the immersive and "fun" kind of sound. the K701 can't give me that as they are not and won't be bassy enough. but their soundstage and detail level is great in those needs. you could say I'm looking for a "fun version" of K701, with the same natural, detailed and wide-soundstage sound or at least nearly. also, in some games and movies I'll use those with Dolby Headphones mode, so they had to fit for it.

Music matters- I'd like to have the fun sound too in some recordings and less reference sound, like pop, electronic, trance, etc'. 

Did I make the right choose?
how would you compare those two headphones to each other in terms of details and in gaming\film experience?

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 4
That's exactly the headphone you need. If the brightness of the K701 didn't bother you, you probably won't be bothered by the DT990's brightness either. Bass, sound stage, imaging.... all excellent on the 990. Just too f...king bright for some of us.

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm happy to hear. K701 don't sound THAT bright for me at all besides the lack of bass, that really depends on the recording. generally only metal sounds harsh for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back