Did I cover everything for a noob?
Jul 28, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #61 of 63
Nope you are all set. I haven't heard the EF2 but from the numerous posts and reviews, it's a winner. Realize this...you are getting tons for your money because it's from Asia.

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope you are all set. I haven't heard the EF2 but from the numerous posts and reviews, it's a winner. Realize this...you are getting tons for your money because it's from Asia.

lol I am going to signaturize that

icon10.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #63 of 63

The only weakness that I found with this unit is the fact that it has limited inputs. It only has analog CD input and a USB input. So you're limited to what you can do with it. The problem with the "analog" cd input is that you won't be using the units internal DAC anymore. Remember once the signal is analog, it bypasses the EF2 DAC (digital to analog converter. If you are analog already, there isn't any converting anymore)

Another way to look at it. You are only using the internal dac through the USB. Which is why i didn't buy it. The Zero and Compass have digital inputs which means that you can plug CD player into it and the internal DAC processes.

But for your system, where you will be using your computer for the majority of the time through USB, you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back