Did I cover everything for a noob?
Jul 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Rock n Rolla

Head-Fier
Hey guys

Well I have finally found all the equipment I need to setup. (at least I think I did)

I am buying:
- Senns hd600
- iBasso d10 DAC/AMP

I will be hooking this up to my laptop. and if I can to my iphone 3g

Do I need any special chords to do this that I have to buy separately? or do all the chords come with the iBasso amp and the senns?

my total damage to my wallet so far is:
- senns hd600 - 250 bucks
- iBasso amp - 275 bucks

Is there anything else Im forgetting? I hope not because 525 bucks is a lot....

NOTE: I haven't actually purchased anything yet so feel free to suggest different amps ect.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 63
Should be covered. I dont get why youd want the D10 since its portable, and the 600s isnt really made for portable use, at all

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont get why youd want the D10 since its portable, and the 600s isnt really made for portable use, at all

QFT. I'd recommend looking into a full-sized amp (since the D10 can hold its own as a DAC) or a full-sized DAC/Amp combo.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 63
Jul 28, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 63
Why are you buying a portable to use with with Sennheisers? They won't be driven very well and you'll end up either disappointed or buying a proper amp.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 63
well I thought full sized amps were much more expensive.....
what is a good full sized amp for the hd600s that is same price or less than the iBasso?
and if you suggest one, are you sure it will sound better than the d10?
(not too worried about connecting iphone up to it as I have bose in ear headphones for on the go)

and is there anything about these tube amps i should know about? do i have to replace the tube things?

I'm looking for a dac/amp combo.... that is less than 300 dollars

hifiman ef2 hybrid- will that serve me better than the iBasso? and where can I buy it at?

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 63
I think it's a fine setup to start with (and it should come with all the cables you need). You'll get upgraditis for a desktop tube amp at some point, but you'll be fine with this D10 and HD600 for now, enjoy (unlike Uncle Erik I don't buy that the sound will disappoint you).

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a fine setup to start with (and it should come with all the cables you need). You'll get upgraditis for a desktop tube amp at some point, but you'll be fine with this D10 and HD600 for now, enjoy (unlike Uncle Erik I don't buy that the sound will disappoint you).

well the thing is if I can buy a tube amp right now that is better than the portable amp, it would save me a lot of time and money.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 63
Well you buy portable amps for the size and battery, if ur always at ur laptop listening to music, that means that u almost always have an power available. And they arent more expensive. Home amps are much more bang for the buck in terms of sound

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 63
I think your system will be good. If you're going for a system that you really won't want to upgrade, you can either get a decent tube amp in addition to the D10 (functioning as a DAC), or get a tube amp and a full-sized DAC, or get a desktop amp/DAC combo (although pickin's are slimmer here)

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 63
but you will need a DAC to make it really sing, and apparently the D10 has a nice dac.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #14 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but you will need a DAC to make it really sing, and apparently the D10 has a nice dac.

not so nice, its decent

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #15 of 63
ok

so as I understand it

If I buy a home amp it won't have a built in DAC (btw I have no idea what a dac is or the differnce between dac and amp) so I will have to buy a DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back