Did I cover everything for a noob?
Jul 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock n Rolla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iwill probably be leaving this site after this purchase because my wallet is burning up bad.

You'll be back, they always come back.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Plus you have to let us know how they sound to you, best audio you've heard etc... plus your jumping into the deep end, you could buy 2 maybe 3 decent setups with that money.

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll be back, they always come back. :very evil:

Plus you have to let us know how they sound to you, best audio you've heard etc... plus your jumping into the deep end, you could buy 2 maybe 3 decent setups with that money.

One great friend is better than 100 friends
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #49 of 63
ARG rushnerd WHY
(just pmed me before i was about to purchase.)

I thought the ef2 has a amp and DAC

I am using my laptop (asus g50vt a1) and I don't know if it's soundcard is good... why should that matter if the hybrid is amp/dac?

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #50 of 63
ur head must be quite screwed now lol

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #51 of 63
and remember when you get all your stuff leave it playing for something like a week or two at moderate volume to burn them in, there will be a bigger WOAH factor when you put them on. if you can stand the temptation

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ur head must be quite screwed now lol

it really is

My 1700 dollar laptop should have a decent soundcard in it especially because it was made for gaming. Why should it make a difference in my case.

EDIT: ***** it I am just buying it

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #53 of 63
if ur sure its a DAC/AMP combo, i say go for it. gaming pcs have great sound cards

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

My 1700 dollar laptop should have a decent soundcard in it especially because it was made for gaming. Why should it make a difference in my case.

I thought you were buying a DAC? The laptop sound card won't matter...

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However....to put things into perspective. Headphone gear is far far far cheaper than home audio setups.

Take a look at the AudiogoN ForSale: Edge NL Reference on sale now for a low price of 60k for an amplifier. Retail is 148k. I think they throw in a T-shirt too. Someone jump on this before it expires.

never in my life haha

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you were buying a DAC? The laptop sound card won't matter...

I am buying this

-senns hd600
-Hifiman ef2 hybrid (which I beleive has both amp and DAC, plus i can upgrade dac later if i wish too)

IS THE ef2 bOTH AMP AND DAC?

and pls for the love of my sainess DONT TELL ME TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

I am buying this

-senns hd600
-Hifiman ef2 hybrid (which I beleive has both amp and DAC, plus i can upgrade dac later if i wish too)

IS THE ef2 bOTH AMP AND DAC?

and pls for the love of my sainess DONT TELL ME TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE

Dude you obviously didn't read or understand my above post about DAC's lol... Nah with what you're buying you are BYPASSING your laptop DAC. The unit you are getting will process all the digital info that your computer has stored. Basically.... You are set. Plug and play!

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude you obviously didn't read or understand my above post about DAC's lol... Nah with what you're buying you are BYPASSING your laptop DAC. The unit you are getting will process all the digital info that your computer has stored.

yes I thought i did understand it but then 2 ppl had to freak me out and make me thing the ef2 doesn't have a DAC in it....which I am pretty sure it does....

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #60 of 63
meaning that if it says that your hifiman is a dac amp combo, which it prolly is( i dont care to check) since its called a hybrid, ur sound card wont matter, idk why anyone even brought that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back