Did anyone get any black Friday deals today?
Nov 25, 2011 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

arnesto

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered the PSP 3000 for $100 today.

Always wanted one, but was too cheap to pay full price.

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 30
I notice Tam Audio is doing 10% off all weekend for Black Friday. That means $25 off a Matrix M-Stage, or $70 off a Quattro DAC. I'd be all over those if I was in the market for something new.

I'm pretty much sticking to cheap 16GB thumb drives and little things like that. Too much spending recently!

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 30
Crashplan is offering subscriptions to their unlimited backup service for half-price on Friday only. Been considering using them anyway and pulled the trigger since it was cheap. This isn't directly related to head-fi interests but since all my CDs are ripped to hard drive now, I'll argue it qualifies in some ways.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 30
I made an effort to avoid driving by any and all shopping areas.  Now I'm hiding out on the patio of a quiet bar with a cold one, watching football.

Did anyone else catch the near-riot over the $2 waffle makes?

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 30
^ You mean this?: http://gawker.com/5862628/watch-the-great-black-friday-two+dollar-waffle-iron-riot?autoplay

I ordered a PS3 Holiday Bundle from Amazon yesterday for $199. I've got a copy of MGS4 that's been laying around for years, and I said what the hell.

Oh, I actually worked BF from 1--9am, the first four hours were pretty hectic. Insane customers, folks spending $600+ on DVDs/games, and cheap store brand TVs flying off the shelves. My managers were close to losing it.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 30
Amazon had their yearly SuperFi 10 deal this year for ~$90, and they even added the Klipsch Image X10 from what I can see... So I picked up both, after missing it last year.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 30

Quote:
I notice Tam Audio is doing 10% off all weekend for Black Friday. That means $25 off a Matrix M-Stage, or $70 off a Quattro DAC. I'd be all over those if I was in the market for something new.

I'm pretty much sticking to cheap 16GB thumb drives and little things like that. Too much spending recently!

I didn't see this post when I bumped your epic review thread (thanks) to post the 10% off deal. I decided to try out the modded M-Stage for Black Friday.

beerchug.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 30
I have no use for Black Friday. I find there are plenty of great deals all year round and at much better prices for merchandise that will last. I just stay home after a festive Thanksgiving day of feasting with family and have my own private giant monster movie marathon with the stacks of Godzilla and Gammera movies i have along with any other quirky sci-fi flicks. Am also enjoying plenty of SKYRIM this year
evil_smiley.gif
atsmile.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 30

Quote:
I have no use for Black Friday. I find there are plenty of great deals all year round and at much better prices for merchandise that will last. I just stay home after a festive Thanksgiving day of feasting with family and have my own private giant monster movie marathon with the stacks of Godzilla and Gammera movies i have along with any other quirky sci-fi flicks. Am also enjoying plenty of SKYRIM this year
evil_smiley.gif
atsmile.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Please tell me that you've forgotten to mention the ample stock of cold beer and or hard liquor involved with this tradition.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 30
Got an Acer Iconia 7" tablet for $190 today from Best Buy. Regular price was $350. I also got a case for it. I also bought the Asus Transformer plus the keyboard.

Then I ordered two TF10's from the Amazon sale, and a 16 GB USB flash drive for $10 from Best Buy as well.

Plus got Batman: Arkham City for free from a friend.
smile.gif

Pretty good day for deals.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #14 of 30
I didn't end up getting anything. I had work today so all the good deals were gone by the time I tried. I went to some clothes stores hoping to get some cheap clothes for work but they weren't all that cheap even with some stores having 40% or so off so I decided to just call it a day and maybe some other time.

I'm pretty happy with what I got no so real need for black friday other than some clothes but no big deal I didn't get anything.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
Please tell me that you've forgotten to mention the ample stock of cold beer and or hard liquor involved with this tradition.

No
bigsmile_face.gif
 My idea of pleasure is not waking up the next day with a screaming headache so drink and smoke have never crossed my lips. Then again i still get headaches when i skip out on my morning brew of Bustello coffee. Funny how that happens
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back