Did anyone get any black Friday deals today?
Nov 26, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
No
bigsmile_face.gif
 My idea of pleasure is not waking up the next day with a screaming headache so drink and smoke have never crossed my lips. Then again i still get headaches when i skip out on my morning brew of Bustello coffee. Funny how that happens
confused_face(1).gif

--------------------

Hey that's cool. I limit my alcohol so as not to suffer ill after effects. I'm into dietary supplements, Green Vibrance, Flax seed oil in a serious protein shake concoction plus some other fun stuff to start the day.

I don't do coffee and consume next to zero caffeine so I've got you there.
smile.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #19 of 30
Did all of my Black Friday shopping online: several music CDs & Blu-Ray movies from Amazon.com, earphones from EarphoneSolutions.com, headphones from Creative Labs & V-Moda, and a crapload of winter gear from REI.com that included a pair of snowshoes, which I want to get into this winter (to combine with winter photography).

Currently flexing my wallet for further damage on Cyber Monday...
smile.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
Did all of my Black Friday shopping online: several music CDs & Blu-Ray movies from Amazon.com, earphones from EarphoneSolutions.com, headphones from Creative Labs & V-Moda, and a crapload of winter gear from REI.com that included a pair of snowshoes, which I want to get into this winter (to combine with winter photography).

Currently flexing my wallet for further damage on Cyber Monday...
smile.gif

That's really the way to do it these days.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #21 of 30
About 7 years ago, I got a DVD player for about $17 at Kmart Black Friday and that was a pretty good deal. But other than that, I never really go out on Black Friday. Next year I will go out to Walmart on Black Friday and bring my riot gear and helmet. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #23 of 30
I looked in the papers, and i went to the mall to buy some clothing for Christmas,etc; but overall the deals i were surprised weren't that good besides the electronics. One of the most amazing deals i found was a lousy $5 off an iPod Touch, now everyone should run and get one
rolleyes.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #25 of 30
Convinced a friend to get X10s over iBeats. Besides that, I got a nice jacket at 40% off from a Merrell store because I wore out my last soft shell. Hooded and had primaloft eco in it, so why the heck not.:cool:

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #26 of 30
Not BF, but we did come up on a Samsung 22'' TV, UPS broke a bunch of them and my dads company ended up keeping some.........

Quote:
About 7 years ago, I got a DVD player for about $17 at Kmart Black Friday and that was a pretty good deal. But other than that, I never really go out on Black Friday. Next year I will go out to Walmart on Black Friday and bring my riot gear and helmet. 

Was it a Polaroid brand?
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #28 of 30
Just tried decide.com with Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 and while the amazon.com price is 140(lowest right now is 135) it is saying to wait while prices will drop on 4 sites but when i click on the the higher 160 price for other sites it said to buy because price will most likely not drop, just thought id mention that because it came off a bit werid to me(because it is saying to buy the higher priced item instead of the lower just because of a price drop)

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #30 of 30
I haven't had a lot of success with decide.com either, but since it uses statistical analysis and modeling to make recommendations it probably does best with products that have recognizable market cycles, some reasonable shelf life, and are sold from many consumer product vendors. Kitchen appliances and flat-screen TVs are examples of that. Specialty products with limited distribution, or available through only one or two major sellers, aren't going to provide a lot of data to crunch. Unfortunately that probably includes a lot of head-fi-approved gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back