Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Mar 8, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #7,142 of 7,397
IMG_1754.jpeg

My TCs have reached their final form! Purchased a headband wrap from beautiful audio and got a great deal on an 8ft Superconductor!

The headband really steps the comfort up by several degrees and it fits the strap perfectly. Highly recommended!

The superconductor has great ergonomics and drapes so nicely, no memory from bending etc. Just super, super nice.

And yes, I run them through a topping stack. Don’t let anyone tell you that you need to expensive amps to make these sing. They sound divine on this set up.

Mar 8, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #7,143 of 7,397
glad to see you enjoying them,great HP's

Mar 8, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #7,144 of 7,397
IMG_1754.jpeg

My TCs have reached their final form! Purchased a headband wrap from beautiful audio and got a great deal on an 8ft Superconductor!

The headband really steps the comfort up by several degrees and it fits the strap perfectly. Highly recommended!

The superconductor has great ergonomics and drapes so nicely, no memory from bending etc. Just super, super nice.

And yes, I run them through a topping stack. Don’t let anyone tell you that you need to expensive amps to make these sing. They sound divine on this set up.
I’ve always been curious about the TC. I really enjoy the MR and I even liked the V2, but felt it wasn’t nearly as good as the MR. I picked my V2 up on a really good deal so I was ok with the performance.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #7,145 of 7,397
I’ve always been curious about the TC. I really enjoy the MR and I even liked the V2, but felt it wasn’t nearly as good as the MR. I picked my V2 up on a really good deal so I was ok with the performance.
I’ve barely picked up my MRs since I got the TC’s. I listen to a lot of Jazz which the TC really shine with. The MRs are definitely better with metal since they’re more forgiving, but I am just so impressed with the TCs what I’ve really only wanted to listen to them. Hell, I sold off all my ZMFs cause I liked them so much more.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #7,146 of 7,397
Great synergy. Great sound! :L3000:

20240309_074842.jpg

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #7,147 of 7,397
Tempted to treat my MR to a new amp, although I do enjoy it off my Hugo 2 to be honest so its tentative. The amp would be for daily-use with the MRs, be desktop-friendly (ie compact, not monolithic), and have a sound which is warm and musical. Lets say below 5K retail price, probably I would be buying used though. Any suggestions that would work well with the MRs? Something like the Violectric V281 appeals to me, but none are anywhere to be found.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #7,149 of 7,397
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #7,151 of 7,397
Mar 12, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #7,154 of 7,397
Hi, I am new here. And I think I may need some help.
Last week, I read the reviews from Headfonics and Headfonia of Diana MR, these two reviews were wonderful, so I instantly bought MR with upgrade cable from official website. They were very friendly and answered my questions about cables.
I received my MR this Monday, to me, it’s very light and very comfortable. Very nice to wear.
However, when I connected the headphone to my amps (Auris HA2-SE+ and Niimbus US5 Pro), I just cannot get things right. I also have a Utopia 2022, it works perfect with these two amps. But for MR, the soundstage is not big, it seems MR requires more power to drive (large volume) and the sound is not airy or transparent. My DAPs are SP3000 and N30LE. Am I getting something wrong here or this is the sound signature, just not fits me. Thanks.

Sorry but did you solve this in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back