Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Sep 6, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #6,406 of 7,431
Headband Pad for Diana - The Diana is not uncomfortable by any means at least for me it wasn't however I did consider my 800s more confortable. So I decided to order the headband pad and it is worth every cent. Its a perfect fit and it is definitely a game changer, now comfort is on par with the 800s, easily an all day headphone now. So while most people have it already or it just came with their headphones, I would definitely recommend the addition of the pads to anyone who does not have them, even if you already find the headphones comfortable. Another thing I like, is that it does not take away from the aesthetic of the headphone.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #6,407 of 7,431
anyone using the diana v2 with a nice portable dac/amp?

i find myself wanting to listen to it while walking around / laying and chilling, and not just when i sit on my desk.

i consider the xduoo xd05 bal would love to hear what others use
(i use the diana with a wa7 3rd gen on my desk)

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #6,408 of 7,431
Headband Pad for Diana - The Diana is not uncomfortable by any means at least for me it wasn't however I did consider my 800s more confortable. So I decided to order the headband pad and it is worth every cent. Its a perfect fit and it is definitely a game changer, now comfort is on par with the 800s, easily an all day headphone now. So while most people have it already or it just came with their headphones, I would definitely recommend the addition of the pads to anyone who does not have them, even if you already find the headphones comfortable. Another thing I like, is that it does not take away from the aesthetic of the headphone.
i had that headband installed then removed it cuz i hate the idea of glue on such an item.

ordered a hd280 pro headband, see how it feels when it's here.

Sep 9, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #6,409 of 7,431

i find myself wanting to listen to it while walking around / laying and chilling, and not just when i sit on my desk.

I use an xDSD gryphon. It’s got the beans. I A/B’d it with a Diablo for about 30 minutes straight and they both got to beyond unsafe volumes and really couldn’t tell the difference in audio quality but the gryphon had the extra eq features which help on the go and even though it didn’t have “head room” I shouldn’t be listening to even the gryphon anywhere near max volume.

Note I’m using 4.4mm pentacon balanced not SE.

I also tried the non tube Woo audio Topaz in the same listen and it was just bigger, had less battery life and didn’t sound any different to my ear.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #6,410 of 7,431

I used a DAP, Cayin N8, which drives the headphone to listenable level on high gain around 90.

I also pair the Cayin with a small amp Bakoon HDA5230 which drives the Diana well.

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #6,411 of 7,431
Sad to see the v2 go I really love mine so I took them out to listen to them in honor of it and I still love the sound of them. I heard the 1266 TC, Diana TC and Diana Phi and I really enjoyed them for different reasons but I just gravitated to the v2 because of the tuning I thought they had enough detail for me but I liked that slightly warm tuning. The detail and speed are still stunning to me it's the standout feature it's kind of an effortless detail it's not in your face but it's just kind of naturally there.

I'll check out the MR at the next Can Jam though it could be something I like but I'm still really happy with my v2. If I do get another Abyss it would probably be the closed back. One thing that would be really cool is if the Diana MR had magnetic cups that could attach to the back making them the Abyss closed back that would be insane. You could bring one case and have closed back for the train/plane ride and then open back for when you get to the hotel. Could have a bass tuned cup and a neutral tuned cup for the closed back. Not sure if that is physically possible but I can dream lol. I would also totally buy that case for my Diana I like the toiletry bag but that case looks like it fits really well in a backpack which would be nice.

Sep 9, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #6,412 of 7,431
Sad to see the v2 go I really love mine so I took them out to listen to them in honor of it and I still love the sound of them. I heard the 1266 TC, Diana TC and Diana Phi and I really enjoyed them for different reasons but I just gravitated to the v2 because of the tuning I thought they had enough detail for me but I liked that slightly warm tuning. The detail and speed are still stunning to me it's the standout feature it's kind of an effortless detail it's not in your face but it's just kind of naturally there.

I'll check out the MR at the next Can Jam though it could be something I like but I'm still really happy with my v2. If I do get another Abyss it would probably be the closed back. One thing that would be really cool is if the Diana MR had magnetic cups that could attach to the back making them the Abyss closed back that would be insane. You could bring one case and have closed back for the train/plane ride and then open back for when you get to the hotel. Could have a bass tuned cup and a neutral tuned cup for the closed back. Not sure if that is physically possible but I can dream lol. I would also totally buy that case for my Diana I like the toiletry bag but that case looks like it fits really well in a backpack which would be nice.
I concur regarding the V2. I own and love both V2 and Phi. The V2 is the easy going Diana but sacrifices nothing.
I'm curious about the MR but not $3K curious.

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #6,414 of 7,431
Sep 11, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #6,415 of 7,431
Sep 12, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #6,416 of 7,431
If anyone wants to sell a set of bass-ported pads for my TC or even know of a place to get them more local to the UK please let me know :)

Sep 12, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #6,417 of 7,431
Hi all, I'm fairly new to Abyss. I just purchased the Diana V2 and TC.

I was wondering your opinion...do you think it is worth trying the Phi as well? Does it offer something compliementary to experience? Or is it dated and better to just move forward?

I am also going to buy the MR.

Truly amased by Abyss. I never knew what I was missing!

Thanks so much for your advice :)

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #6,418 of 7,431

I was wondering your opinion...do you think it is worth trying the Phi as well? Does it offer something compliementary to experience? Or is it dated and better to just move forward?

The Diana Phi reminded me a lot of the Abyss AB-1266 Phi (non-TC). Not as much detail, but better sense of impact and body. The superconductor cable actually brings back what I loved about the Phi versions and incorporates it into the TC line. Pair the Diana TC w/ the superconductor and you'll get what the Phi did, but with the precision of the TC.

Sep 12, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #6,420 of 7,431

V2 and TC are quite complementary already, with Diana Phi in the middle. I don't think you need Phi. Bass Ported Pad is quite good for Diana TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back