Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 20, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #5,131 of 7,571
Any updates here? I forgot ask which Arya do you use?

My biggest question has been do the DTC have better resolution and punch than the Arya.

I have the 2nd generation Arya but I have been in search of something even more detailed.

I’ve begun to think there’s very little outside of a 1266 or Susvara capable of achieving this.
Hopefully I can answer your question; I've got the OG Arya, Diana TC, and Susvara in the collection atm.

- Do the DTC have better resolution and punch than the Arya?
I'd say DTC has superior resolving capabilities that the Arya; you can pick out more of what's going on in the music, especially in the midrange. As for "punch" I think it's relative. The Arya is more V shaped in sound than DTC; it will emphasize bass more often than DTC. However, DTC will hit hard with clean bass when called to do so.

- Search for something more detailed.
Both Arya and DTC are not in the same class of detail as the Susvara. I've never heard any song or music that sounds congested on the Sus; you really can pick out pretty much everything. Tbh, after 20 years in the hobby, I really can't find any standout audio flaws with the Susvara. It pretty much does everything "right." Other headphones might be more interesting for certain tracks due to their sound profile or standout feature, but the Sus reigns supreme for overall sound and detail, so far...

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #5,133 of 7,571
That may be the case but personally I hate the Susvara build. That wood/color is tasteless imo. YMMV, of course.
You are not the only one who hates or doesn't like the build and the look of Susvara.
I also don't like it, it is already obsolete - mainly the look, sound is a little different story.
Of course, it is only my opinion.

Feb 20, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #5,134 of 7,571
You are not the only one who hates or doesn't like the build and the look of Susvara.
I also don't like it, it is already obsolete - mainly the look, sound is a little different story.
Of course, it is only my opinion.
If it was like an all metal/black it would be far more interesting. I'm not the type of guy to hate a headphone because of its looks (1266 TC owner here, though I actually like the look) but I can't get over that Susvara wood design. Doesn't scream premium or reflect the price, imo.

Mar 5, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #5,136 of 7,571
I had the diana phi for a time...the 1266 TC is simply a bigger presentation....IMHO everything is a bit bigger and better..how is that for a non tech answer lol?...larger soundstage..better bass etc

Mar 5, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #5,138 of 7,571
he seems to clearly say diana phi...perhaps he wasnt clear...who knows

Mar 5, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #5,140 of 7,571
Diana Phi owner over here, what would I gain (or lose?) by purchasing a TC?

I dont know seems pretty clear he was referring to the phi but maybe I am missing something

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #5,141 of 7,571
you are. it's obvious that he is a diana phi owner but what isn't clear from his post is whether he is seeking opinions from diana phi owners who have 'upgraded' to the diana tc or to the ab1266 phi tc. i assumed it to be the former given that he has posted in the diana thread but it might be the latter.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #5,142 of 7,571
you are. it's obvious that he is a diana phi owner but what isn't clear from his post is whether he is seeking opinions from diana phi owners who have 'upgraded' to the diana tc or to the ab1266 phi tc. i assumed it to be the former given that he has posted in the diana thread but it might be the latter.
Exactly, my thought.

Mar 6, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #5,143 of 7,571
Most people refer to the “big guy” as 1266 no?
It’s like making a mountain of a mole hill.
He’s obviously asking about Diana TC =]

Mar 6, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #5,144 of 7,571
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the Diana TC.

I can see used Phi TC sales here which would be very tempting yet they are only a few hundred dollars off buying the headphone brand new from a retailer, is there something about the Diana TC at the moment which is attracting such high asking prices for used? As much as I would like one I may need to wait for the used prices to drop to more reasonable levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back