Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 3, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #3,721 of 7,356
I do not feel my Diana Phi's are that difficult to drive. I have driven off a Bryston BHA-1, my T+A DAC directly, both my old A&K portable and my new current A&K portable, and now the Moon by SimAudio NEO 430 HA. All of them were able to get the Phi's to high enough levels although both portables had to be pushed up their volume controls a little. The SimAudio with its 8 Watts has no issues what so ever.

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,722 of 7,356
the 430 can drive any HP, its power is more than ample for anything

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #3,723 of 7,356
I received the Diana V2 from Headamp (open box) last night and they’re going back.

The box is slightly dirty and the finishes has small chips. I thought open box was supposed to in like new condition?

Also the shipping took a week instead of the free 1-2 days as advertised.
Im patient but just noting.

Well, besides that the Diana’s aren’t perhaps exactly what I want.

The sound isnt as full as I want and the bass isn’t exactly doing it for me.

It has a lovely texture and the detail retrieval are the best I’ve heard so far.

You can really hear the details musicians playing their instruments in live music.

Like sax players inhaling or the really midsy sound of the violin bow hitting the strings.

I was also apprehensive due to the complaints of comfort but these are no more un comfy than say my Sundara.
The ear pads are just a tad awkward at first but no real issues for me.

Ok, so maybe I like these more than I think.

They’re also quiet hard to drive and I’m using turbo mode on my iFi Diablo at 11 clock ish
And my Matrix amp I also push harder them normal.

I’m super pleased that my Feliks Euforia drives them quiet well and actually improves the bass.
I love the idea of tubes + planars.
And so far it sounds really good too.

Overall, when I immediately put them on I knew I liked them but wouldn’t be 100% as my “end game” but I’d definitely get these for about $2k on the classifieds but in black.

I’m hoping the closed back Diana’s steer toward the sound I’m after.

D0D5685C-B521-4C92-AE1B-FEA311F7D03B.jpeg
F87BA195-1096-4AE1-B65B-8FE6DE5F3DE8.jpeg
436DA0E4-F1B6-4951-962B-26A9EC0CEC00.jpeg

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #3,724 of 7,356
I received the Diana V2 from Headamp (open box) last night and they’re going back.

The box is slightly dirty and the finishes has small chips. I thought open box was supposed to in like new condition?

It has a lovely texture and the detail retrieval are the best I’ve heard so far.

You can really hear the details musicians playing their instruments in live music.

Like sax players inhaling or the really midsy sound of the violin bow hitting the strings.

I was also apprehensive due to the complaints of comfort but these are no more un comfy than say my Sundara.

They’re also quiet hard to drive and I’m using turbo mode on my iFi Diablo at 11 clock ish

I’m super pleased that my Feliks Euforia drives them quiet well and actually improves the bass.

Overall, when I immediately put them on I knew I liked them but wouldn’t be 100% as my “end game” but I’d definitely get these for about $2k on the classifieds but in black.

D0D5685C-B521-4C92-AE1B-FEA311F7D03B.jpegF87BA195-1096-4AE1-B65B-8FE6DE5F3DE8.jpeg436DA0E4-F1B6-4951-962B-26A9EC0CEC00.jpeg
The V2 chips so easily... Will be great if Abyss can work to address this.

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #3,727 of 7,356
Hmmm... with my Diana Phi I haven't gotten any chips what so ever so I didn't know this was an issue.
I think mine is due to hitting the V2 with my metal headphone stand multiple times. So long as you can avoid hitting it with metal surfaces, it should be fine. :)

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #3,728 of 7,356

D0D5685C-B521-4C92-AE1B-FEA311F7D03B.jpegF87BA195-1096-4AE1-B65B-8FE6DE5F3DE8.jpeg436DA0E4-F1B6-4951-962B-26A9EC0CEC00.jpeg
I dont blame you for returning them, they look very beat up to me for even open box

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #3,729 of 7,356
I bet the previous user used that high-end toiletry bag and got scuffed up from the zipper.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #3,730 of 7,356
The zipper is not metallic... That pair looks like it's been around.

Last edited:
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Feb 4, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #3,731 of 7,356
Yeah, honestly that’s not cool that its condition isn’t disclosed.
For the small 10% savings I would’ve rather ordered direct from Abyss.

I expect to be covered by the 30 day return but it seems Headamp needs to be more concise with their advertisements.

Anyways, I’d love to try out the Phi but I’d rather not have to invest in a SS amp for now.
Guess back to Verite but closed.

Looking forward to reading about the closed back Diana with its alleged heavier bass.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #3,732 of 7,356
Looking forward to reading about the closed back Diana with its alleged heavier bass.

I’m also eager for this. Hopefully we can get the release date soon :relaxed:

Feb 5, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #3,734 of 7,356

While looking at your first picture, I noticed that your headphone cable to the Diana might not be well inserted. On mine, the plastic parts of the cable jacks seamlessly insert into the headphones.

It might not change anything but it also might be worth a try to listen to the Diana again, if you still have them. It could make a difference to your sound impression :).

Feb 5, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #3,735 of 7,356
Yea, you are correct. It does not look like the cable is connected completely. It probably would make a difference in sound. The original cable does indeed goes in all the way until the plastic is flush with the surrounding. After market cables do not do this of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back