Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 5, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #3,737 of 7,356
You guys are right. :jecklinsmile:
It wasn’t fully connected although after that picture I put it in correctly when I tried it again.

I’m still waiting on a response from Headamp so I’ll be using them till then.

I know the Diana provide clarity, texture, separation and imaging I’m after.

The Verite warmth sometimes had me thinking I wanted something more analytical but then there’s the lack of sub bass now.

My own impatience is telling me to wait and try out stuff at Can Jam or something...

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #3,738 of 7,356
A very sublime combo

56FE67BA-AA46-4F87-9CD4-E4B71B020EA0.jpeg

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #3,739 of 7,356
A very sublime combo

You finally get the complete combo! Looks gorgeous. Any comments on the improvement of sound after getting the Soloist? :wink:

Feb 8, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #3,740 of 7,356
You finally get the complete combo! Looks gorgeous. Any comments on the improvement of sound after getting the Soloist? :wink:

Yep! Plenty of headroom, depth and layering is much improved than BX-2 Plus, well of course one is portable (albeit a class A with 5.9W @ 32 ohm) and the Burson stack is a full desktop setup. The stack takes it up a notch after I replaced a pair of Vivids in each with Sparkos op amps :thumbsup:

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #3,742 of 7,356
Feb 10, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #3,745 of 7,356
After comparing the 1266 phi, Diana phi, and Diana V2. I decide to let go of my Diana phi. Diana phi sounds like a 1266 being squeezed into a small ball. It has similar detail retrieval as the 1266, but the presentation of it makes the music kinda hard to enjoy. The Diana V2 has a similar presentation as the Diana phi, but it presents the music in a much more pleasant way in which details are not as forced. Diana phi is still a great can but I would need to be more careful about the source to really make it work for me. Please DM me if anyone is interested in buying a Diana phi, mine is in mint condition with no sign of wear.

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #3,746 of 7,356
Finally able to try the Eleven Beast!

In short: I would put this SS amp above Violectric V281 or Wells Milo Kozmo Vishay in techncialities and enjoyment when pair with Diana V2 (Surprisingly, also same result also with ZMF Verite).

2021_0210_17101300.jpg

If Milo, V281 and Burson, need to make Diana "beefy" sounding to make fuller sound, Formula S able to produce clean, dense and smooth sound with bigger soundstage and nicer airy feel in treble area. Everything seems tighten up nicely, imaging become more accurate, and "depth" of each instrument and vocal become more apparent (more resolution).

Bass, oh, love it, clean, fast, and punch at the same time. There is a little sweetness in vocal that make things has more soul while keep decay accurate and not produce syrupy tonality. Treble area indeed surprise me how liquid and smooth in presentation, while produce more clarity than other amps.

Havent tried with Powerman though!

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #3,747 of 7,356
You guys are right. :jecklinsmile:
It wasn’t fully connected although after that picture I put it in correctly when I tried it again.

I’m still waiting on a response from Headamp so I’ll be using them till then.

I know the Diana provide clarity, texture, separation and imaging I’m after.

The Verite warmth sometimes had me thinking I wanted something more analytical but then there’s the lack of sub bass now.

My own impatience is telling me to wait and try out stuff at Can Jam or something...

When paired with ALO Studio Six, I could understand what you felt above. However when pairing with nice SS amps like Milo or Formula S, Diana V2 nowhere lack of deep bass when compare to Verite. Mid bass still bigger on Verite though. Of course ymmv, perhaps depend on other chain or recording etc.

A very sublime combo

Nice set up there!

However, the problem for me when use custom cable for Diana, the 2.5mm usually become stick too much from the housing, and cable keep touch my shoulders. Annoyed me a little for long time listening, especially with thick gauge cable.

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #3,748 of 7,356
Diana phi does have better sub bass than the V2. It is flat down to 7hz.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3,749 of 7,356

In short: I would put this SS amp above Violectric V281 or Wells Milo Kozmo Vishay in techncialities and enjoyment when pair with Diana V2 (Surprisingly, also same result also with ZMF Verite).

2021_0210_17101300.jpg

If Milo, V281 and Burson, need to make Diana "beefy" sounding to make fuller sound, Formula S able to produce clean, dense and smooth sound with bigger soundstage and nicer airy feel in treble area. Everything seems tighten up nicely, imaging become more accurate, and "depth" of each instrument and vocal become more apparent (more resolution).

Bass, oh, love it, clean, fast, and punch at the same time. There is a little sweetness in vocal that make things has more soul while keep decay accurate and not produce syrupy tonality. Treble area indeed surprise me how liquid and smooth in presentation, while produce more clarity than other amps.

The Formula S is outstanding. It's part of my trio of amps along with the V281 and a modded FA-10. I previously owned the Burson Conductor 3X Ref and Burson Soloist 3XP. Both of which are very spacious sounding, powerful, and resolving but lack body and weight to my ears in comparison to the other three amps.

Even without the Powerman, the Formula S is my best sounding amp. The gap in sound quality is a lot closer between these three amps without it though. I hope to be adding the Powerman soon. With it, I fully expect the Formula S to widen its lead in sound quality and impress even more.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #3,750 of 7,356

2021_0210_17101300.jpg

as good as the formula s is it needs the powerman and then rivals any ss amp on the market IMHO other than perhaps amps costing twice as much...a great amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back