Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Dec 9, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #3,032 of 7,516
What do you think of Topping D90? I am thinking of getting one
Solid DAC for the price. I use it to power three different amps.
1.jpg

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #3,034 of 7,516
Just got my Diana Phi's in and I've been really enjoying them with the Luxman P-750u. It's a great combo with the Phi's or V2's if anyone is considering the amp.

One strange thing that I'm encountering with the headphone is that the left side feels like there's some pressure whenever I put it on. I'm not sure if it's due to the shape of my ear or something with the pads but I tried switching the pads and it still does the same thing. My dad experiences the same thing so it's not just me. Has anyone experienced something like that before?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #3,035 of 7,516
Just got my Diana Phi's in and I've been really enjoying them with the Luxman P-750u. It's a great combo with the Phi's or V2's if anyone is considering the amp.

One strange thing that I'm encountering with the headphone is that the left side feels like there's some pressure whenever I put it on. I'm not sure if it's due to the shape of my ear or something with the pads but I tried switching the pads and it still does the same thing. My dad experiences the same thing so it's not just me. Has anyone experienced something like that before?
Sound pressure or pad pressure? I’m assuming the latter. Try rotating the left pad, it may be on incorrectly?

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #3,036 of 7,516
I'm assuming when the pad experiences pressure, the mesh material that covers the drivers will stretch a little and then it creates some pressure when it's over my left ear. I tried rotating the pads and it reduces that experience but the pads are definitely on correctly when I experience it. The line on the pads are where the connectors are.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #3,037 of 7,516
I'm assuming when the pad experiences pressure, the mesh material that covers the drivers will stretch a little and then it creates some pressure when it's over my left ear. I tried rotating the pads and it reduces that experience but the pads are definitely on correctly when I experience it. The line on the pads are where the connectors are.
Did you try the DMS pads too?

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #3,040 of 7,516
I highly suggest them. It relieved pressure on both sides for me near the top of my ear. I assumed when you mentioned pad swapping you tried the DMS pads as well. :)

I actually asked my dealer about it and he said Joe from Abyss recommended to just use stock first. I tried my friend's V2 with stock and it's actually decently comfortable so I didn't push to grab the DMS pads. When I said I swapped pads, I meant that I put the right pads on the left side and vice versa to rule out it being a pad issue..

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #3,041 of 7,516
I actually asked my dealer about it and he said Joe from Abyss recommended to just use stock first. I tried my friend's V2 with stock and it's actually decently comfortable so I didn't push to grab the DMS pads. When I said I swapped pads, I meant that I put the right pads on the left side and vice versa to rule out it being a pad issue..
Ah gotcha. If you didn’t feel the pressure before it’s probably cause you didn’t keep them on long enough? At least for me, the original pads started bothering me after extensive use (4+ hours). As soon as I got the DMS pads it was night and day difference and I’d never go back.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #3,042 of 7,516
Stock is pretty comfortable imo but DMS Pads take it to the next level

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,043 of 7,516
The pressure happens right when I put them on, not after a long period of time. It's something that I've kind of experienced with LCD-X's as well where it seems like the cup creates this vacuum that feels strange.

My hunch is the left side might be off a little to where the pads are stretched out moreso than the right which creates this pressure on the left side when the pad is stretched out. I feel like it's hard to describe what's happening.

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #3,044 of 7,516
The pressure happens right when I put them on, not after a long period of time. It's something that I've kind of experienced with LCD-X's as well where it seems like the cup creates this vacuum that feels strange.

My hunch is the left side might be off a little to where the pads are stretched out moreso than the right which creates this pressure on the left side when the pad is stretched out. I feel like it's hard to describe what's happening.
Have you tried putting the headphone on backwards, to see if it’s related to the headphones or shape of your head as well as your dads? Put the pads on backwards as well so they are normal relative to your head...just to see if it’s related to the headphone one side of your headphones or your head shape?

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #3,045 of 7,516

Interesting. Technically it’s an open headphone so it shouldn’t be creating any sort of vacuum pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back