Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Nov 27, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #2,911 of 7,405
Maybe the Verite closed is a tad better for those genres. Also there’s a closed Diana in the works right?
[/QUOTE]
I understand, I will pay my Abyss slowly since I don't have the budget to pay it off right away.
I also heard about the Abyss closed back being in the works.... who knows.
I had the Verite Closed and I sold it - and I still don't feel bad about it. I thought it was good but I am super happy with my Focal Elegia so the VO was redundant.
I don't know if you feel OK with EQ your headphones... I have realized that with a bit of EQ I can get the sound I like and correct whatever I feel is lacking.... It takes some trial and error but there is nothing to lose in experimenting with EQ, IMO.

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #2,912 of 7,405
[/QUOTE]
I understand, I will pay my Abyss slowly since I don't have the budget to pay it off right away.
I also heard about the Abyss closed back being in the works.... who knows.
I had the Verite Closed and I sold it - and I still don't feel bad about it. I thought it was good but I am super happy with my Focal Elegia so the VO was redundant.
I don't know if you feel OK with EQ your headphones... I have realized that with a bit of EQ I can get the sound I like and correct whatever I feel is lacking.... It takes some trial and error but there is nothing to lose in experimenting with EQ, IMO.
[/QUOTE]

The only EQ I’m interested in is the X bass on my iFi amp as it’s worked very well with other planars when it came to bass response and thump.

Most of the music I listen to sounds great via a warm/neutral headphone so the Verite works for me and it seems like so would the Diana except it can reach much deeper when needed.

I think I might sell off the Verite and get the Diana and then re buy the Verite later.

Doesn’t seem that Diana’s come up on the classifieds as much as Verite.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #2,913 of 7,405
I'm also looking forward to the closed back Diana. Although i'm saving up some funds to purchase a two channel speaker system, I recently got ahold of the Diana Phi again (this model has the black headband and black earpads). I regretted selling my pair earlier this year. If a closed back Diana were available, i'd definitely be intrigued but i do hope they will use a Phi driver as in the open back Phi or perhaps a slightly smaller TC driver :wink:

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #2,915 of 7,405
IMG_0613.jpg
Happy Black Friday, this just arrived, so far it's playing nicely with the Phi. I can't wait till it fully breaks in. :beyersmile:
Same setup! Except I’m waiting for my superconductor to arrive still. Did you hear any improvements with the superconductor?

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #2,916 of 7,405
Same setup! Except I’m waiting for my superconductor to arrive still. Did you hear any improvements with the superconductor?

Nice! Oops, the cable does resemble the superconductor but its made by Essence Audio in Japan. Its pretty stiff and the sound tilts opposite from the stock Diana cable.
https://twitter.com/ESSENCE__AUDIO?s=20

Nov 27, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #2,917 of 7,405
You can check out post #2890 of this thread. Basically, I am sharing the same experience as Julien. The superconductor is smoother, has better sound stage and bass. The stock is also good and has more clarity.

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #2,918 of 7,405
I believe that all the orders made to the distributors are in fact directly sent by Abyss.
[/QUOTE]
I bought my V2 from another distributor in NYC and the shipment also came from Lancaster Buffalo, so I guess you are correct, no matter where you buy it - Abyss ships from their location.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #2,920 of 7,405
Anybody using EQ on the V2? I have not found any EQ comments on all the reviews available, which is unusual.
I like my V2 with a small bass boost around 100 Hz and another boost (3 dB) around 3700 Hz to clarify a bit vocals.
Anybody has an EQ profile to share?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #2,921 of 7,405
Does anyone know if the price matching service from Audio46 offer a competitive price (ie would sell it a slightly lower price than the competition) if you inquire about a price match?

I’m asking because I might pull the trigger on the Diana V2 from headamp but someone earlier suggest audio46

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #2,922 of 7,405
Does anyone know if the price matching service from Audio46 offer a competitive price (ie would sell it a slightly lower price than the competition) if you inquire about a price match?

I’m asking because I might pull the trigger on the Diana V2 from headamp but someone earlier suggest audio46
I had paid full price 10 days ago and when new discounts were available from other distributors I asked them to match the price and they just asked for a link to the special price and they matched it. I hope this helps.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #2,924 of 7,405
I straight up called audio46 and said "can you give me a black friday deal?". They gave me the best price I've seen (more than 10% off).

Thanks. I’ll do it now! (As in when they open)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #2,925 of 7,405
Super tempted to get one of these to compare to my Verite Open.

Although I love the ZMF I wonder if these would be better all around. Or if I should get a closed Verite.

I’m trying to decide before the sale ends on Headamp since I’m sure I can sell off the Verite at a loss.

Based on my gear profile: Just grab Diana V2 haha

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back