Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Aug 4, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #2,313 of 7,356
Hey guys is diana v2 a warm headphone?
I valued fuller sounding mids , not sure if diana v2 has that characteristic

Yes, at least in my opinion. It is on the warmer side of things compared to a Focal Clear for example. However, it delivers a level of quality, detail, separation that you can't compare to a Clear. I have MUCH more fun with the Diana.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #2,314 of 7,356
Which has stronger bass? Clear or V2?

I have the V1 so I will speak based on it. And yes, the V1 for sureeeeeee way more quality bass! So much more impact and thickness.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #2,315 of 7,356
Last question. What’s the difference between Diana v1 and v2

As far as we can tell there is an update on the driver tuning, the original pads have been updated to use the Phi's, and the band is a bit different.

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #2,316 of 7,356
I just purchased a GS-X Mini but it hasn't arrived yet, maybe early next week it will be here.

DAC-wise, I am currently using the AK SP1000 as "DAC". However, will be testing out a JDS Labs Element II as DAC soon as well.

To upgrade, I am looking at the following:

- RME ADI-2 FS DAC
- Chord Qutest
- Mytek Liberty (Same DAC as the original Brooklyn)
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ or Bridge

Don't have the means right now unfortunately :frowning2: However, I do have a friend that has both the RME and the Qutest with the GS-X Mini, and he prefers the RME. He says its smoother and more musical compared to the more clinical Qutest.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #2,317 of 7,356
I just purchased a GS-X Mini but it hasn't arrived yet, maybe early next week it will be here.

DAC-wise, I am currently using the AK SP1000 as "DAC". However, will be testing out a JDS Labs Element II as DAC soon as well.

To upgrade, I am looking at the following:

- RME ADI-2 FS DAC
- Chord Qutest
- Mytek Liberty (Same DAC as the original Brooklyn)
- Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ or Bridge

Don't have the means right now unfortunately :frowning2: However, I do have a friend that has both the RME and the Qutest with the GS-X Mini, and he prefers the RME. He says its smoother and more musical compared to the more clinical Qutest.
If the RME is musical I can’t imagine how cold the Qutest must be 😬

Aug 5, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #2,319 of 7,356
I have the RME and the Hugo 2 and I'm 99.99% certain I can't tell them apart in a blind test. Don't have a way of doing a real proper blind test unfortunately. Gf is too afraid of touching my gear even though I told her she can use it all :frowning2:

Really? That is interesting

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #2,321 of 7,356
As a dac standalone I would put RME as more musical than qutest too. (Fuller sound in RME)

However, as dac+amp device, RME is more lifeless (dry) than Hugo2.

Yeah thinking of pairing it with my GS-X Mini

Aug 5, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #2,322 of 7,356
So the Diana V2 headphones I was borrowing from the Cable Company, are on their way back home. My final thoughts are that they are the best sounding headphones I have heard to date. I normally buy your more bass head phones like the Sony MDR-Z1R, or the Fostex TH-900, splattered with a bunch of different Grados that I use as sort of palate cleansers. Anyhow the Diana V2 gave me the clarity of a Grado, with the deep bass of my other previous headphones. The bass quality is less boomy than say the Sony's, but goes so deep and has great impact. I am in love.

I did have to add a little head-pad to alleviate the hotspot on the top of my bald head, but it was a very easy and cheap fix.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NP9KLDL/?tag=headfi-20

Anyhow, I am sold! Going to buying a pair soon.

Aug 5, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #2,323 of 7,356
Btw speaking of portable device of DAC+Amp, I think I like WA8 the most compare to WA11 or Hugo 2. The warm, sweet, and rather soft character with full body midrange match really well to Diana V2 and Diana Phi.

Now wondering how Broadway will perform though,

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #2,324 of 7,356
Just bought a pair of V1(international shipping involved, so might take a while) and was wondering if I should get the V2 pads and a better cable straight away....I know I probably will buy it eventually anyway.

Aug 6, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #2,325 of 7,356
Just bought a pair of V1(international shipping involved, so might take a while) and was wondering if I should get the V2 pads and a better cable straight away....I know I probably will buy it eventually anyway.
Get DMS pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back