Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #2,282 of 7,397

I didn't like what he has done to headband, but this man is a genius!!!
He said to reduce the 10 KHz Peak and he is absolutely right.
From his website:
"add a 10khz peak filter with a Q value of around 5 or higher, and reduce it by about 6.5 dB"

I did this, thanks to my RME ADI-2 Pro FS R and it sounds amazing...
Most songs are so clear now... sound really 10 times better - truly a genius and thanks to @Focux for posting.

*** imperfect or bad productions sound much, much better but perfect productions feel like there is a little bit missing.
Maybe the best way is to reduce the peak halfway... bad productions will sound better but perfect productions wont to be hard affected.

more testing is needed...

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #2,283 of 7,397
Interesting... Your downside of the headband looks different then mine?! My Headphone was bought in June?! I could imagine mine has more grip. But I wonder which one is the latest design?

_A7M1514.jpg

Mine is the Diana V1 and yours is probably the V2 :)

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #2,284 of 7,397
is there some form of adhesive used?

Yes, Its a 3M double-faced tape (94448A - Double Coated Tissue Tape).
It seems to stick very well without damaging the leather headband.

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #2,285 of 7,397
They showed up!!
Is it normal for the ear pads to only make contact above my ears? The fit is kinda weird here.

I see this is an issue the DMS pads fix. There’s another $200 lol

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #2,287 of 7,397
They showed up!!
Is it normal for the ear pads to only make contact above my ears? The fit is kinda weird here.

I see this is an issue the DMS pads fix. There’s another $200 lol
Did you try rotating them?
The pads are uneven (by design) to create a "bass port".
You gently pull them out and rotate 90 degrees. Each one is going to fit slightly differently.
They are attached by magnets.

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #2,288 of 7,397
Yikes, was it not an option to order them with the DMS mod?
It wasn’t an option that I noticed, just options for the cable.

Did you try rotating them?
The pads are uneven (by design) to create a "bass port".
You gently pull them out and rotate 90 degrees. Each one is going to fit slightly differently.
They are attached by magnets.
I tried but it’s just a different kind of odd fit when I rotate them lol.

even with this weird issue they sound really good, I’m more amused by this than anything

I think it maybe is a bit large of a gap to be a bass port but I’ll make comparisons when the DMS pads show up I guess

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #2,289 of 7,397
Guys I just got a HeadAmp GS-X Mini for my Diana (I still can't believe it!).

Does anyone know a reasonably priced DAC that would be a good pairing with the two to build up my Desktop system? I think @hiImGrant has a Schiit Bifrost 2, I have people talking about the Mytek Liberty and the RME ADI-2 (which is a bit on the expensive side for a DAC only - my case).

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #2,290 of 7,397
Guys I just got a HeadAmp GS-X Mini for my Diana (I still can't believe it!).

Does anyone know a reasonably priced DAC that would be a good pairing with the two to build up my Desktop system? I think @hiImGrant has a Schiit Bifrost 2, I have people talking about the Mytek Liberty and the RME ADI-2 (which is a bit on the expensive side for a DAC only - my case).
its an exquisite pairing so far. I can’t speak to the Diana combination as I’ve only listened to it all of an hour now. But with focal clears and aeon2 closed and LCD-X its a dac that consistently sounded fuller than the ADI2 to my ear. I wasn’t that into the RME so I sent it packing in favor of the BF2.

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #2,291 of 7,397
I didn't like what he has done to headband, but this man is a genius!!!
He said to reduce the 10 KHz Peak and he is absolutely right.
From his website:
"add a 10khz peak filter with a Q value of around 5 or higher, and reduce it by about 6.5 dB"

I did this, thanks to my RME ADI-2 Pro FS R and it sounds amazing...
Most songs are so clear now... sound really 10 times better - truly a genius and thanks to @Focux for posting.

*** imperfect or bad productions sound much, much better but perfect productions feel like there is a little bit missing.
Maybe the best way is to reduce the peak halfway... bad productions will sound better but perfect productions wont to be hard affected.

more testing is needed...
always interested in what resolve has to say. here is the written review: https://www.headphones.com/blogs/news/abyss-diana-phi-review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back