Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 11, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #1,666 of 7,376
That’s the impression I get from their email, but maybe you should write back to them asking for clarification. It could be the problem you have isn’t actually driver flex, you could ask what symptoms are normal and what do not indicate a problem.

You said the response was quick and they do say ”we support all models” and “minor noises due to pressurization of the diaphragm was not unusual in the V1” that is why I believe they are saying your best option is to go to v2, you may get it back and still have the same problem. So perhaps clarification would help?

I just wanted to provide an update to the issue I was having with my v1 Diana, as it’s the least I can do for this fantastic company. After quite a bit back and forth with the CS group at Abyss, nothing negative just trying to diagnose the issue/problem, I was asked to send them in via RMA to Abyss. I indeed sent them back the day after I was given the RMA form and await the response from the Abyss team. A few days after the package arrived back to them I reached out asking if they had diagnosed the issue I was having, and how much it would cost... as again, these were purchased second hand and not at all in warranty. Please remember that was my request from the onset of my email chain with Abyss... as a 1266 owner I just love their house sound and wanted to compliment my OG 1266 with an OG Diana.

Well... to my surprise Abyss decided to just go on an replace both drivers with a brand new set, and here’s the unbelievable kicker... AT NOT CHARGE. I was at a total loss for words. I thanked them over and over again for their kindness and ability to help me. I will 100% be doing business with them in the future. I could not have asked for a better experience with a company than what Abyss provided. Truly on another level for customer service with this group.

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #1,668 of 7,376
Olumm i notice you have a dt880 600 is there a reason you decided to keep it?

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #1,670 of 7,376
so many questions... the diana v2 has replaced the diana v1. whether there is new diana v1 stock available for sale is hard to know. perhaps a search of the interwebs might give you an indication. i haven't tried the diana phi but i doubt that there would be a noticeable difference in comfort levels between it and the diana v2, if any.

i was tempted to buy the V1 since V2 isn't available in most parts of the world outside US/EU

however i am uncertain as to what the sonic differences are from V1 to V2 and Phi

considering i demo-ed the Diana Phi, it is really quite something..

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,672 of 7,376
Abyss Diana Phi + A&K Kann Cube + New DSD flat transfer of Art Blakey's A Night in Tunisia from Acoustic Sounds = Sonic Bliss.

Highly recommended. You can both feel the instruments and how they were charging the space in Rudy's temple of sound.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #1,673 of 7,376
the woo audio topaz does a nice job with the diana phi, I am partial to the Hugo 2 but IMHO it is a bit underpowered for the phi....

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #1,674 of 7,376
Received my Diana V2's yesterday. First impressions are everything is so much more precise. Really amazed by them. Currently using a Phonitor E and RME-Adi 2 Dac. Still need to try them with my portable set up. Just curious what other people are finding for a good synergy in regards to desktop amp and DAC.

Update.... Used my xCan to test and I'm amazed on how great they pair together.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #1,675 of 7,376
over the weekend I was fooling around with my two Diana earpads, Phi and v2. I own both because I find them to be different sounding enough that I'll enjoy both for different music/mood.

Diana v2 earpads on Phi made an improvement to the imaging, more focused. The bass is also slightly tighter compared to the stock (grey color) Phi earpads. Spent a few days with the change and no I cannot unhear it. I need to order a set of V2 earpads! curiosity kills the cat....

1582761035831.png

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #1,676 of 7,376
Just ordered a pair of the Diana V2s, waiting for them to come in. Coming from a Meze Empyrean! They only had the 3.5mm cable left for stock cables along with the 1/4" adapter so I will have to deal with stock 3.5mm cable for now.

Do you guys find that a upgraded cable is necessary? I was thinking to just upgrade to the JPS Labs superconductor cable terminating in either 4 pin xlr or dual 3 pin xlr (my amp supports both).

Any recommendations or insight would be great!

Thanks guys, I have heard too many great things about Abyss I had to give it a try. Oh yea I haven't ever demo'd these before either, just went for it!

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,677 of 7,376
Just ordered a pair of the Diana V2s, waiting for them to come in. Coming from a Meze Empyrean! They only had the 3.5mm cable left for stock cables along with the 1/4" adapter so I will have to deal with stock 3.5mm cable for now.

Do you guys find that a upgraded cable is necessary? I was thinking to just upgrade to the JPS Labs superconductor cable terminating in either 4 pin xlr or dual 3 pin xlr (my amp supports both).

Any recommendations or insight would be great!

Thanks guys, I have heard too many great things about Abyss I had to give it a try. Oh yea I haven't ever demo'd these before either, just went for it!

I have both Diana. Phi has a bigger impact with SuperConductor cable but it does UP the performance of v2 as well. Once you hear v2 with SC cable, you can't unhear it. lol....

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #1,678 of 7,376
Has anyone here had experience with driver flex on their v1 Diana? If so, what did you do to correct the issue?

There is a problem with me in Diana v1 , I sent an inquiry, I will ask for post-warranty repair . I hope the cost will not be very high and such a repair exists!

Diana v1 is a great headphones.
Greeting
Sorry for Translator .

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #1,679 of 7,376
I find it strange that the Diana v2 only sounds good on my iDSD Black Label with xbas and 3D turned on. With the XI Audio Formula S/Powerman and Sagra I find it stale. Except every other headphone I have sounds amazing out of the XI Audio setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back