Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #1,577 of 7,400
I’m going to say this: the FiiO A5 has more than enough power to run the Abyss Diana V2, but the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label sounds much cleaner, in control and takes away any edge that might have been in the sound signature. I highly recommend this power brick.

Also, do yourself a favor and listen to the Unreal Tournament III soundtrack with these headphones. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #1,578 of 7,400
Sonically, I would say that the Diana V2 and Phi are the best sounding on-the-go headphones around.
Hard to argue. I've had both and the sound is amazing, very coloration-free. Comfort is fine as well. They rest very lightly on the sides of the head. The stiffness of the foam is by design. Using a softer material would probably ruin the sound and balance.

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #1,581 of 7,400
Does anyone know of there are any sonic difference between the original ear pads and the new ones?

I’m interested in the lower-key profile look. I’m also thinking that black ear pads would look awesome against the coffee color.

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #1,584 of 7,400
The V2 has a wider headband than the V1 but the wider headband was first introduced on the Phi
From what I heard is that the Diana V2 has a wider headband. Wider than the Phi version. I tried the Phi myself. It doesn’t fit for me. I presses on the sides of my head and hurts.

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #1,586 of 7,400
What I have gathered is that there was the original Diana (small earpads and original headband width,) then the Diana Phi was introduced which brought a wider headband and larger earpads to the table. Then, with the release of the Diana V2, the headband has been tweaked further, as well as the earpads. The Diana Phi now sports the same, updated, pads and re-tweaked headband as the Diana V2.

However, I could be wrong. Best idea is to ask @Joe Skubinski

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #1,587 of 7,400
Well I decided to order a pair of black pads for the look, I’ll upload comparison pics when I get them.
I am interested in what changes happed to the headband.
I would love to see pics of them together... anyone in Halifax have Diana V2?

Dec 22, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,588 of 7,400
What I have gathered is that there was the original Diana (small earpads and original headband width,) then the Diana Phi was introduced which brought a wider headband and larger earpads to the table. Then, with the release of the Diana V2, the headband has been tweaked further, as well as the earpads. The Diana Phi now sports the same, updated, pads and re-tweaked headband as the Diana V2.

However, I could be wrong. Best idea is to ask @Joe Skubinski
That’s the same impression I got. However, I still don’t think my head will fit either of them. Too bad.

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,589 of 7,400
Where did you hear the V2 is wider than the Phi? I don’t think I saw anything about that, but I haven’t been paying that much attention
From memory I believe it was the review Zeos did on YouTube. He reviewed both, the V2 and the Phi.

Dec 22, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #1,590 of 7,400
From memory I believe it was the review Zeos did on YouTube. He reviewed both, the V2 and the Phi.
Doesn’t he get his review stuff from fans? So if the fans dont know something would he?
Joe Skubinski posted about the V2 earpads but didn’t say anything about the headband.
Does Zero have both V2 and phi at the same time so he can compare?
I’ll check out the video when I get some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back