Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,082 of 7,332
Well, I've decided to put in an order for the Diana Phi early next week. Looking forward to hearing them. Will report back once they are in!

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,083 of 7,332
I am a second owner of Diana and I am enjoying them, but one thing that annoys me is that after a few minutes of wearing the headphones, when my ears touch the fabric of the ear pads, it makes a noticeable noise, as if the fabric touching is the driver or something. if i open my jaw or shake my head I can clearly hear it. I thought it might been the drivers but if i take the pads off, i don't notice any noise. The other weird thing is that when I first put the headphones and shake my head I don't notice it, but only after a few minutes of playing music, and even if i stop the music temporarily I still hear the noise. Anybody experiencing anything similar? Maybe I need new pads but not sure. I will email Abyss, weird!!

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,085 of 7,332
@ufospls2 impressions? @PeteSTRADAMUS you too if you have any?

Had to change plans. Going to be out of the country when they would have shipped (first week of December, most likely) so I wouldn't be home to receive them. Going to put in my order once I'm back hopefully!

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,087 of 7,332
Oh ok no worries. I was just curious why it's been so quiet in here.

They haven't been released yet, so apart from the few impressions from RMAF, its all gone quiet. I hope we will see some more impressions once the first batch ship :)

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #1,088 of 7,332
I just had a look, and the Abyss Headphones website says "available now" for the Diana Phi. Did anyone here purchase a pair? Any thoughts so far? :)

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #1,091 of 7,332
Dec 28, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #1,092 of 7,332
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #1,094 of 7,332
My thoughts exactly!

My DAC/Amp combo is ifi Pro iDSD and ifi Pro iCAN. My current headphones are Denon AH-D7200, but I am keenly considering an upgrade, with Diana Phi and Meze Empyrean on my radar. Have you been able to compare the Empyrean with the Diana Phi yet?
No, unfortunately each chance I had I squandered. But, I should make it to Canjam NYC next month and listen to all of the new stuff if I don't buy the Empyrean before the end of January.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,095 of 7,332
i tried the diana today at my local headphone store, along with a number of other models that i'll post about in the relevant threads. i was impressed by the feeling of solidity when i held the diana in my hands. the metal construction makes it feel robust and the build quality seems excellent. i really like the look and feel of this headphone. comfort was a mixed bag tho. while it didn't take long to adjust the fit, the top of the ear cups exerted pressure on both sides of my head. i wouldn't describe the sensation of wearing the diana as uncomfortable, but i couldn't describe it as comfortable either. it just felt odd, but it became less so the longer i wore it. that said, if the diana phi has improved upon it, then i would welcome it.

this is a great sounding headphone to my ears - clarity, detail, bass without warmth, extended highs and perhaps a slightly recessed mid-range (on some of my test tracks) without a hint of lushness. i thought that i detected some glare in the upper mids with piano on some tracks but i might be mistaken. the quality of sound reproduction coming from such a compact, portable headphone is no mean feat. kudos to jps labs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back