Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 9, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #813 of 7,332
he means the Abyss 1266

Right. As it is I have to stretch my 1266 to the limit to get a comfortable fit. They slip on easier than they slip off for some reason. I don't believe my head is that big (LOL, well, maybe), but I'm not short or of slight build. But the photo makes the Diana look so tiny by comparison to the 1266.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #814 of 7,332
It's quite deceiving - both of those are adjusted to fit my head - the Diana is just a much slimmer design. I have my 1266's frame adjusted all the way out then bent out a little bit wider as well, before angling a little bit back inward.
The vertical part of the Diana headband extends similar to the way most headphones adjust - they can come down 4 clicks and I've got it clicked down 2.

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #815 of 7,332
It's quite deceiving - both of those are adjusted to fit my head - the Diana is just a much slimmer design. I have my 1266's frame adjusted all the way out then bent out a little bit wider as well, before angling a little bit back inward.
The vertical part of the Diana headband extends similar to the way most headphones adjust - they can come down 4 clicks and I've got it clicked down 2.

Well then, I'll probably get around to renting Diana when the demand slacks off just to compare it to my Phi. How did you find the ear cup opening compared to the Phi size wise?

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #817 of 7,332
Well then, I'll probably get around to renting Diana when the demand slacks off just to compare it to my Phi. How did you find the ear cup opening compared to the Phi size wise?

Keep in mind, it's a model down from the 1266, 2/3rds the price and (trans)portable, and the 1266 is the cost no object, concept-looking, no compromises option. If you already love the phi then I'm not sure that you'll trade it in for a Diana, but for some people the phi has some inherent issues they're not willing to look past so the Diana may be a preferable option for them. They are two quite different headphones that both have something different to offer. Depends what you're looking for.

The cups fit my ears but not with a ton of room to spare. I think I posted earlier that they are more of a square-ish shape inside rather than the oval shape of the phi and an internal measurement of about 50mm height/width wise. The internal measurement of the phi is bigger at the widest part of the oval, but once you rotate the earcups, the oval is no longer straight up and down in line with your ears, so the more you rotate the cups, the more height you lose so it will vary user to user...

Feb 10, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #818 of 7,332
3450 pounds,probably only costs 400 quid to make,total rip off in my opinion like all these high end headphones,all the manufacturer's are jumping on the bandwagon with ridiculous inflated prices

Feb 10, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #819 of 7,332
$2995 USD = 2165 GBP according to xe.com

Obviously costs less than that in materials, yes. How much do you think it costs Chord to make a DAC just in parts? That's not how it works though. You know that.

Feb 10, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #820 of 7,332
$2995 USD = 2165 GBP according to xe.com

Obviously costs less than that in materials, yes. How much do you think it costs Chord to make a DAC just in parts? That's not how it works though. You know that.
Research and development I understand that but I feel now that headphones are more popular than ever that the prices have sky rocketed,I love the fact more kids are getting into high quality music on the go rather than mp3 but I feel prices are hiked because of it

Feb 10, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #821 of 7,332
But you have to understand the Diana is aimed at a niche market and customer base. It’s not like they will sell millions of units. It’s also a relatively small company that takes great care in constructing the headphones with high quality materials. It’s pointless to complain about price in that context. I am sure Aston Martin can sell their cars for much less by applying your logic. This is all a different level.

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #822 of 7,332
3450 pounds,probably only costs 400 quid to make,total rip off in my opinion like all these high end headphones,all the manufacturer's are jumping on the bandwagon with ridiculous inflated prices
But what's the actual sound worth?

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #823 of 7,332
But you have to understand the Diana is aimed at a niche market and customer base. It’s not like they will sell millions of units. It’s also a relatively small company that takes great care in constructing the headphones with high quality materials. It’s pointless to complain about price in that context. I am sure Aston Martin can sell their cars for much less by applying your logic. This is all a different level.
Exactly only accessible to the rich,niche market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back