Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. FastAndClean
    He meant that Diana is boring and dry sounding and the other headphones sound sweet and fun in comparison.

2. Beagle
    No headphone is boring. Only the music.

3. VandyMan
    Comes across as very negative. I guess you don't like the Diana.

4. LaCuffia
    I guess people are offended by the slight against Krispy Kreme donuts.

5. Music Alchemist
    I've heard plenty of boring headphones. :unamused:

(The AB-1266 is not one of them. hehe)

6. Beagle
    I guess you're wrong.

Makes me wonder if people even bother to read a thread.
    What made them boring, if I may ask? Some find headphones that have an 'even response' to be boring. It's like a few spikes in FR are needed to give music a jolt. Music should already have a jolt, or turn it off and play something that does.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  7. VandyMan
    I don't really see the point in offering your opinion if we all have to play guessing games about what the heck you actually are trying to say.

Jozurr and muffin9988 like this.
  8. LaCuffia
    I guess you didn't read his lengthy review from a few pages back. It seemed pretty straightforward to me.

9. Beagle
    Thank you. I was just about to say that.

10. VandyMan
    A headphone that can not reproduce the dynamics of the music can sound "boring." FR with fairly small inaccuracies can sound boring by obscuring or missing details.

11. VandyMan
    I skimmed. I do recall something about hamburgers. I guess others find such analogies useful. I don't think they shed much light, but fine. I do appreciate his taking the time to write up his thoughts.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  12. Music Alchemist
    As an audiophile (someone interested in high fidelity sound reproduction), I do want an accurate frequency response / tonal balance, but that is just the beginning of sound, and one of the least important factors for me since it can be fully controlled via a parametric equalizer. What's far more important to me is the technical performance of a transducer. If it has things like slow transient speed, weak dynamics, poor resolution of detail, and bad imaging, it can sound boring. Surely you've heard at least a few headphones before that sounded underwhelming to you.

13. LaCuffia

14. Beagle
    When the HD580 and HD600 appeared, many found them bland and/or boring, mostly due to the lack of hi-fi signifiers. Myself, I find planars/orthodynamics usually smoother and less "dynamic" that some dynamic headphones such as Grados. Sometimes dynamics are enhanced by a more present upper midrange and lower treble, which can make the music seem more exciting. My experience has been that electrostatics can sound even yet lightning fast. But there is also an artificial shimmering effect that helps this illusion. The fastest "sounding' headphones usually have aberrations in the FR that provide added snap that makes the music seem more exciting (for a while).

15. soullinker20
    they're almost the same volume level with the lcd 4 on Hugo 2.. i don't know if i'm pushing the hugo2 already at its limits at color light blue and up..

after an hour listening, the mids which were forward for my taste slightly pulled back. the bass hits really hard and when the song calls for the sub, it really has a strong presence

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last