Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #7,218 of 7,336
The saddest day has come. I'm selling my Diana TC if anyone fancies them: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...grand-silver-cable-boxed-like-new-3700.65109/

I've now got 1266 and Susvara, and am hunting a ZMF Atrium or maybe a Caldera, and expecting to buy V2s again sometime. So I have to offload something. I actually took them back out the box last week after resolving to sell them and changed my mind! But they ultimately do have to go.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #7,219 of 7,336
The saddest day has come. I'm selling my Diana TC if anyone fancies them: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...grand-silver-cable-boxed-like-new-3700.65109/

I've now got 1266 and Susvara, and am hunting a ZMF Atrium or maybe a Caldera, and expecting to buy V2s again sometime. So I have to offload something. I actually took them back out the box last week after resolving to sell them and changed my mind! But they ultimately do have to go.
Any reason you're looking to buy the V2's again?

Is there something pulling you back specifically to the V2's and not the MR's? Or just preference?

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #7,220 of 7,336
Any reason you're looking to buy the V2's again?

Is there something pulling you back specifically to the V2's and not the MR's? Or just preference?
Had them before and they're a great daily driver, chilled headphone. You can't not listen to the TC when they're on your head, and I have susvara and 1266 for that.
V2 were great for enjoying music technically and tonally as well as being comfortable non fatiguing for several hours.

I found MR a bit trebly sharp for long sessions.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #7,222 of 7,336
Had them before and they're a great daily driver, chilled headphone. You can't not listen to the TC when they're on your head, and I have susvara and 1266 for that.
V2 were great for enjoying music technically and tonally as well as being comfortable non fatiguing for several hours.

Nice! I have the V2's coming in tomorrow (got a good used deal) Good to hear someone liking the V2's over the MR's. I heard the MR's for about 20 mins, clearly not enough time to really pass judgement but I'm eager to hear the V2's. Thanks for the feedback!

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #7,223 of 7,336
Has anyone used the Chord Mojo 2 as a portable option with the Diana V2 (or MR)?

I appreciate it's lacking power but I'm curious to know how does it do as an around the house option.
Mojo 2 does a good job and is definitely my go to when not at the desktop. Have heard good things about the Woo Audio tube mini as well. Mojo 2 is incredibly versatile.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #7,224 of 7,336

I'm definitely treble sensitive. You may want to get your hands on the Vegan pads. I can't handle the treble on the leather pads at all on any of the models, but the MR with the Vegan pads is great, IMO

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #7,225 of 7,336
Comfort was the main issue for me when I had my Diana TC. It seemed like it never would sit right. And the sound, while clear, seemed very synthetic. Hard to explain.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #7,226 of 7,336
I'm definitely treble sensitive. You may want to get your hands on the Vegan pads. I can't handle the treble on the leather pads at all on any of the models, but the MR with the Vegan pads is great, IMO
Tried them. Took away too much elsewhere. Tuning just didn't work for me.

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #7,227 of 7,336
Tried them. Took away too much elsewhere. Tuning just didn't work for me.
Interesting. We all hear differently. A find many "audiophile" items and headphones too bright for me to listen.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #7,228 of 7,336
I've been listening to the Diana V2's and these sound awesome. Listening on Low Gain on my Soloist using Poweramp mode wasn't enough and they sounded a bit lethargic. I switched to Medium and now they sound completely different. These magnets need power to get them moving! They came with the new Abyss Leather pads, I'm not sure how to tell if they are bass-ported or not. If anyone knows what should I look for? The bass is sounds wonderful right now.

BTW a nice album for the Abyss: Bird on The Wing by Shy Girls

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #7,229 of 7,336
I've been listening to the Diana V2's and these sound awesome. Listening on Low Gain on my Soloist using Poweramp mode wasn't enough and they sounded a bit lethargic. I switched to Medium and now they sound completely different. These magnets need power to get them moving! They came with the new Abyss Leather pads, I'm not sure how to tell if they are bass-ported or not. If anyone knows what should I look for? The bass is sounds wonderful right now.

BTW a nice album for the Abyss: Bird on The Wing by Shy Girls
I love my V2. I run them on medium gain on my HA-6a and have found that is the sweet spot. I run the ported suede. I believe if there is a gaps from the pad and driver they are ported. I’d have to locate my OG leather pads to confirm this though.
IMG_9566.jpeg

Mar 28, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #7,230 of 7,336
20240328_151837.JPG

Thanks Kali! So I guess these aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back