Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Apr 27, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #5,356 of 7,397
Looking for recommendations for a not so expensive 3.5mm cable for the Diana Phi for occasional use with a DAP. I am using an XLR mainly but would like the flexibility of having a shorter, less bulky 3.5mm one….unless someone out there is willing to sell their stock 3.5mm cable.
I have aliexpress cables, around 40e per 2m cable. LN006456 for example, works for me, and I cant hear a difference between these and originals.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #5,357 of 7,397
Looking for recommendations for a not so expensive 3.5mm cable for the Diana Phi for occasional use with a DAP. I am using an XLR mainly but would like the flexibility of having a shorter, less bulky 3.5mm one….unless someone out there is willing to sell their stock 3.5mm cable.
https://www.arcticcables.com/ac-store/Core-Series-p369386385
These have some color options etc at a not obscene price if you care about that stuff!

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #5,358 of 7,397
I am going to try porting my DTCs. Would those who have done it successfully be willing to post photos and specify what material you used to create the gap? I'd be very grateful.

Apr 27, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #5,359 of 7,397
Okay so, now i have had some time with Diana V2, and i have to say these are amazing, but you cant just put them on your head and enjoy. The pads are not good initially, but with a little bit of time, they adjust correctly (i have the new pads) and music starts to shine(i think these contain memory foam that adjusts to warmth). I noticed this the other day when i was listening, and suddenly songs started to sound really good, there was bass that was initially missing, accuracy was improved also. Now when i take thes off even for a while, the pads go back to their original form and music loses it's vividness. Has someone else noticed this?

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #5,360 of 7,397
Okay so, now i have had some time with Diana V2, and i have to say these are amazing, but you cant just put them on your head and enjoy. The pads are not good initially, but with a little bit of time, they adjust correctly (i have the new pads) and music starts to shine(i think these contain memory foam that adjusts to warmth). I noticed this the other day when i was listening, and suddenly songs started to sound really good, there was bass that was initially missing, accuracy was improved also. Now when i take thes off even for a while, the pads go back to their original form and music loses it's vividness. Has someone else noticed this?
Yes! But I've found that the pads stabilize and sound more consistent vivid right off the bat after about 1 month of extensive use.
First few days these new pads feel really awkward imo, but they get better and better. But I think room temp can also have an impact on the initial stiffness of the pads. They need to feel fluffy to get the proper seal from my experience.

Edit: Also note, if your pads happen to move a bit from moving your head, pad position has a big impact on bass quanity.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #5,362 of 7,397
Here is a little insight from a recent experience I've had with Abyss customer service:

So I had an issue with my DTCs after about a month of use. When I initially sent in my headphones to Abyss; the service department checked the headphones and quoted me 300 dollars for repair and shipping back to my house.

I was very confused about this and inquired as to why there was a cost associated with the issue via their info@Abyss-Headphones.com email address.
To my surprise @Joe Skubinski himself reached out to me and told me to give him a call.

Once I called him, he was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions and concerns very politely and even made the time to have a conversation about Amps/Cables!
All said and done Joe told me the headphones would be repaired at no cost and they arrived at my doorstep 2 days later.

This was honestly one of the best Customer Service experiences I've had in quite a long time. Its good to know there is a responsive team that supports their products to that degree.

On another note:
I have ordered a Super Conductor cable for the DTCs and if desired I can write my findings on the sonic changes the cable makes (if any) I'm not sure I am a believer that cables make a HUGE difference

Apr 28, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #5,363 of 7,397
Here is a little insight from a recent experience I've had with Abyss customer service:

So I had an issue with my DTCs after about a month of use. When I initially sent in my headphones to Abyss; the service department checked the headphones and quoted me 300 dollars for repair and shipping back to my house.

I was very confused about this and inquired as to why there was a cost associated with the issue via their info@Abyss-Headphones.com email address.
To my surprise @Joe Skubinski himself reached out to me and told me to give him a call.

Once I called him, he was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions and concerns very politely and even made the time to have a conversation about Amps/Cables!
All said and done Joe told me the headphones would be repaired at no cost and they arrived at my doorstep 2 days later.

This was honestly one of the best Customer Service experiences I've had in quite a long time. Its good to know there is a responsive team that supports their products to that degree.

On another note:
I have ordered a Super Conductor cable for the DTCs and if desired I can write my findings on the sonic changes the cable makes (if any) I'm not sure I am a believer that cables make a HUGE difference
Thanks for sharing your experience. Please do share your impressions on what changes you hear with the SC cable. I'm sure some are curious

Apr 29, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #5,364 of 7,397

On another note:

What is the problem with your DTC that abyss initially charge you 300 bucks?

Could be there some other people outside US suffer from the same thing, and never had chance to phone call Joe personally to have nice chit chat (in other words: Still need to pay 300 bucks while in warranty period).

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #5,365 of 7,397
What is the problem with your DTC that abyss initially charge you 300 bucks?

Could be there some other people outside US suffer from the same thing, and never had chance to phone call Joe personally to have nice chit chat (in other words: Still need to pay 300 bucks while in warranty period).

And the DTC are pretty new, so wouldn't it be under warranty anyways ?

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #5,366 of 7,397

On another note:
I too have had nothing but positive interactions with Joe...he helped me out several times and spoke with me for an extended period of time about all sorts of related subjects...real nice guy

May 3, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #5,369 of 7,397
Went through the entire thread here last night - and yes, it was quite entertaining - and saw quite a few amp recommendations. I was wondering if anyone else had a thought on driving the Diana V2s and TCs with the Naim Unity Atom HE? It is mostly viewed as a practical “All-in-one” unit but I feel like it’s way underrated for just the amp it comes with which is pure Class A and only switches to AB when pushed.
I personally love how it makes my Diana V2s sing and love that I can even bypass the internal DAC to just use the amp. Can’t wait to test the TCS on it.
Second question is if anyone has ever used an XLR adapter to drive their Abyss headphones through the Pre out (pure Class A)? It works quite well on the Serene.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #5,370 of 7,397
I don't know if this has been posted before. Does anyone find Diana TC in default configuration a little Bass shy? It's clean but I don't particularly feel the heft, which is 50% of bass pleasure.

The weird thing is if I break the seal, for example pulling the cups away from my ears giving them maybe 5mm space, the bass is unbelievably good in speakers like fashion. Is this by design? @Joe Skubinski .
Yes. This is 100% a thing. The drivers perform best with an air gap. Try bass porting it by putting something between the pad and the heaphon3 like below

Holy moly, I tried this with my Phi today as well.
I was a little bit unsatisfied with RAMMSTEINs Zeit (Vinyl). Then I thought, why not?

!
!!
!!!
astonishing astonishing astonishing
astonishing astonishing
astonishing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back