Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 12, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #4,951 of 7,388
I see Josh and DMS praising it as the second coming
I didnt realize DMS has talked about them yet tbh.

but IEMboy(Crin) ranking them pretty low as far as technicals go
Just FWIW, I find crins ranking of technicalities pretty all over the place and often clashing with my own impressions of the same gear. I find this scattering is worse for items whos tonality he ranks poorly. As in I generaly agree with his technical impressions of most of his tonaly s ranked gear, but I personaly think rhapsaudio infinity mk2 has better detail than stuff like VX (he ranks it as a C in tone and detail) while I found the isine (which he ranks as d tonal and s- technical) to be technically pretty unimpressive being easily overwhelmed by complex tracks

Jan 12, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #4,952 of 7,388
The context of my impression is directly against the 1266 TC. Diana TC presents competently across the spectrum.
Whoops. I read "compared" not "comparable" and was slightly scared about how tiny the stage would be :sweat_smile:

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #4,953 of 7,388
Whoops. I read "compared" not "comparable" and was slightly scared about how tiny the stage would be :sweat_smile:
No worries. I think you'll like these. A lot of people will. They're more even than an LCD-5 and will strike a good place for those that may find the 1266 TC a little difficult to live with. I quite like them, I am quite affected by the TC effect (in this case the 1266 TC effect).

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #4,954 of 7,388

Just FWIW, I find crins ranking of technicalities pretty all over the place and often clashing with my own impressions of the same gear. I find this scattering is worse for items whos tonality he ranks poorly. As in I generaly agree with his technical impressions of most of his tonaly s ranked gear, but I personaly think rhapsaudio infinity mk2 has better detail than stuff like VX (he ranks it as a C in tone and detail) while I found the isine (which he ranks as d tonal and s- technical) to be technically pretty unimpressive being easily overwhelmed by complex tracks
Kind of same, I found I liked a lot of headphones he ranked badly like all of Audeze's stuff, dt1990, Elegia and noticed a pretty big moderate to big discrepancy in their technical performance vs what I and in some cases literally every other reviewer ranked their technical performance(for example the Elegia which is known to be close to the Clear, and generally above the Elear, but never below it, but is ranked shocking low in performance), but the stuff he likes he is spot on, I disregard his bad rankings and then disregard the good rankings of some other less serious reviewers but if they rate something bad I pay attention

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #4,958 of 7,388

I believe on a few occasions he has said more or less what he says in the video, that he will not review them to remain impartial, but they are TOTL/Amazing more or less, not that he said that in the video but he put them in S tier with the Clear and TOTL closed backs for many, also he promoted them by doing an entire video with linus tech tips on the 1266 (and believe IIRC he more or less said they were the best you can get at some point or another or implied it as linus is a huge reviewer with insane budget and the idea of the video is to let him hear 'the best' headphones)

EDIT-going thru the video for direct quotes
Beginning Linus says "world's highest resolution headphones" which is a line straight from Abyss so DMS didn't say it, Linus said Abyss said it but the video is mirroring their statement implying their technical performance is top tier or at least the best in the world for resolving

DMS says the 1266 is the "ultimate system" whatever that means

conclusion - he is pretty impartial but he ranks them among the few best or minimum top 10 best (1266/Diana's)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #4,959 of 7,388
I believe on a few occasions he has said more or less what he says in the video, that he will not review them to remain impartial, but they are TOTL/Amazing more or less, not that he said that in the video but he put them in S tier with the Clear and TOTL closed backs for many, also he promoted them by doing an entire video with linus tech tips on the 1266 (and believe IIRC he more or less said they were the best you can get at some point or another or implied it as linus is a huge reviewer with insane budget and the idea of the video is to let him hear 'the best' headphones)

EDIT-going thru the video for direct quotes
Beginning Linus says "world's highest resolution headphones" which is a line straight from Abyss so DMS didn't say it, Linus said Abyss said it but the video is mirroring their statement implying their technical performance is top tier or at least the best in the world for resolving

DMS says the 1266 is the "ultimate system" whatever that means

conclusion - he is pretty impartial but he ranks them among the few best or minimum top 10 best (1266/Diana's)

you misunderstood what I meant. I meant I didnt think DMS had talked about Diana TC. I dont think he would work at abyss if he didnt like the cans

Jan 12, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #4,963 of 7,388
I remember someone posted a very cheap V1 on the classified's I almost bought it but I wasn't sure how big a difference there was between the V1 and the V2 and the V1 and TC.... Any rich reviewers? :3
It guess it was me :)

Sold my V1 to get a TC .

Jan 12, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #4,965 of 7,388
Yes, the 1266 TC is the best headphone on this planet.
I do not disagree. Had a chance to listen to the TC’s and my OG’s and yes the TC’s were a bit better but not by a whole lot. This was from a Briscati M3H and LTA Z10 and a Briscati M3 and Blue Hawaii SE and SR-009’s were in the house also and still are going with the Abyss either one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back