Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Dec 4, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #2,987 of 7,358
Yeah, I was worried it might be overkill with the Phi also, seeing as it was designed with the AB-1266 in mind.
Julien in post #2890 said that his Phi scales up amazing with powerful speaker amps. Maybe worth a shot. :)

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #2,990 of 7,358
I have the Slappa headphone case that I use for my Hd6xx, so I thought I'd test it real quick.

The foam insert from the Abyss bag fit perfect. It doest close perfectly though, you have to press the top down a bit, but that's because you are pushing the foam insert into the indention in the bottom of the case, (It looks worse in the picture than it actually is). The Diana's don't move at all, which is great, but I could see some concern with the edges rubbing on the inside of the case?

16070941623997846948386444277743.jpg1607094203666751236293830761188.jpg16070942562677587326873461571398.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #2,992 of 7,358
Glad you say that. I have an A90 coming. Hoping it'll add power and dynamic range to the RME.
I am actually considering getting a D90 to replace my RME. Might also get a A90 sometime in the future

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #2,993 of 7,358
Anyone tried the XI Audio Formula S with the Diana's?
it is phenomenal just as it is with the TC...the diana phi is not easy to drive

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #2,994 of 7,358
it is phenomenal just as it is with the TC...the diana phi is not easy to drive
I am having this feeling as well. If the Phi shares the same (or very similar) driver with the 1266 TC, then it should also benefit from having a powerhouse like the Formula S.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #2,996 of 7,358
When i buy something, i first read all the negative reviews, and try to find a common theme regarding an aspect of the gear that all the negative reviewers are agreeing upon.
So, this Thread is mostly a love fest regarding the V2s, yet, the "for sale" page is interestingly enough, quite busy regarding these headphones.
Now, my question is...

For the 4 of you here who didnt gush loving praise upon this gear....... can u tell me why it didnt work for you sonically, and tell me what your favorite headphone is, so that i can understand what sound you enjoy, which will give me the best perspective regarding what the Diana is not offering some of you, that you needed.

Anybody?

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #2,998 of 7,358
When i buy something, i first read all the negative reviews, and try to find a common theme regarding an aspect of the gear that all the negative reviewers are agreeing upon.
So, this Thread is mostly a love fest regarding the V2s, yet, the "for sale" page is interestingly enough, quite busy regarding these headphones.
Now, my question is...

For the 4 of you here who didnt gush loving praise upon this gear....... can u tell me why it didnt work for you sonically, and tell me what your favorite headphone is, so that i can understand what sound you enjoy, which will give me the best perspective regarding what the Diana is not offering some of you, that you needed.

Anybody?
I like LCD4 more because of its beautiful midrange. Diana V2 mids are okay

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #2,999 of 7,358
Hey so im looking for some help to decide between these or the meze empyrean

I listen to all kinds of music so would ideally be looking for headphones that can well represent every genre, out of my current/past headphones I love listening to classical/acoustic on my sundaras but find that rock and metal is really lacking in body and impact for my preference. Conversely I actually find the fidelio x2 a pretty fun listen for those more energetic and busy genres but of course its very lacking in detail

Also previously tried the lcd-2cs but apart from the outstanding vocals I didn't really like those at all due to the presentation being too laid back/dark for my liking.

Would love to hear any insights or recommendations when comparing those two

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #3,000 of 7,358
Now, my question is...

Anybody?

If I were to sell them (I won't) it would be due to comfort. Without some sort of extra padding they feel like you have a bunch of hard cubes around your head. Quite disappointing for a $3K can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back