Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jul 16, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #2,161 of 7,571
I use a ZMF Pilot Pad on my V2, tho it is a snug fit as the Velcro portion just clears the Diana headband without it touching the headband or padding. I know they have a co-pilot which is bigger, but I wanted to be low-profile.

1594925904129.png
Oh wow you have completely ruined the sleek and minimalistic look lmao xD

I use this
This fits the Diana perfectly imo like you'd think it was part of the original design
zGrlIIN.jpg

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #2,162 of 7,571
Interesting. I don't find that the headband is where it bothers me. It is still the clamping force. The temples are where I feel it and sometimes get mild headaches.
As for Abyss' advice with a half step adjustment, well I have them at the minimum height adjustment (and could potentially go lower if it were available), so that doesn't help my case :D

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #2,163 of 7,571
Interesting. I don't find that the headband is where it bothers me. It is still the clamping force. The temples are where I feel it and sometimes get mild headaches.
As for Abyss' advice with a half step adjustment, well I have them at the minimum height adjustment (and could potentially go lower if it were available), so that doesn't help my case :D
Lmao it's the opposite for me. I feel these barely have any clamping force and don't even seal properly for me. I am at step 3 which is a snug fit for my head.

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #2,164 of 7,571
Okay apparently the DMS pads fix the temple clamping issue. I am looking into getting a pair, might clamp better for me

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #2,167 of 7,571
I go back to my original point, when paying £4.000 for a headphone you shouldn't be having these fit issues, regardless of how good they sound.
That's just your opinion though.
If you want to be competitive in the high end headphone market, you do sound first, all else is second. If the sound is not right, you are not selling any high end headphones no matter how comfortable your headphones are.
You have to realize that these companies are not selling a lot of headphones compared to some mass produced $100 gaming headsets.

Thus, their revenues are not high enough to dedicate a big budget to both comfort and sound. They prefer to just put everything in sound and hope the headphones are decently comfortable for a majority of people. Moreover, I have heard rumors that Abyss margins are pretty slim as their magnet structure costs a lot to make.

Honestly, that's what I'd like to see - if a headphone sounds superb, I might find ways to make the fit comfortable but if it sounds like a$$ then I won't get it no matter how comfortable they are.

You might feel entitled to comfort when paying $4000 but understand that you are paying for sound first, that's the golden rule.

It's the same way high end motherboards don't have the best BIOS features because motherboard manufacturers don't move a lot of units and instead focus on $100-$200 boards which get regular updates etc because of sheer volume they sell those at.

That said, Diana in my opinion is one of the most comfortable high end headphones for my head. Just go and look at Audeze headphones, ZMF headphones, Raal SR1a etc, none of these are comfortable and yet these are most sold high end headphones there are.

Jul 17, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #2,168 of 7,571
aren't we all just posting our opinions here? headphones are made to be worn as well as heard imo. if a headphone isn't comfortable then that is an impediment to enjoying its sound for me - especially if it's a high-end model.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #2,169 of 7,571
aren't we all just posting our opinions here? headphones are made to be worn as well as heard imo. if a headphone isn't comfortable then that is an impediment to enjoying its sound for me - especially if it's a high-end model.
There are barely any comfortable high end headphones though

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #2,170 of 7,571
There are barely any comfortable high end headphones though
the sr-007, sr-009, empyrean, z1r, th900, utopia and stellia are all very comfortable high-end headphones ime. the he1000 was pretty comfortable too. i suspect that the he1 may be as well, but i doubt that i'll ever have the opportunity to find out.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #2,171 of 7,571
the sr-007, sr-009, empyrean, z1r, th900, utopia and stellia are all very comfortable high-end headphones ime. the he1000 was pretty comfortable too. i suspect that the he1 may be as well, but i doubt that i'll have the opportunity to find out.
The he-1 is very comfortable but that sits in an entirely different price category. Diana is more comfortable than most headphones you mentioned. You must consider weight as a pretty important factor in comfort and most headphones you mentioned are on the heavier side.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #2,172 of 7,571
My point being if you want high end headphones with great comfort, your options will be pretty limited, most headphones you mentioned are nowhere as comfortable as Diana let along a truly comfortable pair of headphones. When you are that limited, you might not even like the sound from the few choices you have.

Then again who am I to preach, I moved away from LCD 4 because of the bulk. High end headphones will be uncomfortable. You either live with the discomfort(and die) or (live long enough to) move to a more comfortable headphone with a sightly inferior sound.

Diana is one of the most comfortable high end headphones and yet it still has comfort issues and so do almost all high end headphones. It's probably unrealistic to expect high end sound + comfort and weight of a mass produced headphone.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2,173 of 7,571
The he-1 is very comfortable but that sits in an entirely different price category. Diana is more comfortable than most headphones you mentioned. You must consider weight as a pretty important factor in comfort and most headphones you mentioned are on the heavier side.
the he1 is stil high-end, however and this is aka the "summit fi" forum. i found all of those headphones more comfortable than the diana, regardless of weight. that said, the z1r and th900 are not heavy headphones.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #2,174 of 7,571
the he1 is stil high-end, however and this is aka the "summit fi" forum. i found all of those headphones more comfortable than the diana, regardless of weight. that said, the z1r and th900 are not heavy headphones.

I feel He-1 is uber high end. It is truly the only no compromise thing out there.

Z1R and TH900 are not heavy but have very polarizing sound signatures. Personally think both are trash

Diana is more comfortable than Empyrean and Utopia for me due to the weight, shape and fitment.

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #2,175 of 7,571
My point being if you want high end headphones with great comfort, your options will be pretty limited, most headphones you mentioned are nowhere as comfortable as Diana let along a truly comfortable pair of headphones. When you are that limited, you might not even like the sound from the few choices you have.

Then again who am I to preach, I moved away from LCD 4 because of the bulk. High end headphones will be uncomfortable. You either live with the discomfort(and die) or (live long enough to) move to a more comfortable headphone with a sightly inferior sound.

Diana is one of the most comfortable high end headphones and yet it still has comfort issues and so do almost all high end headphones. It's probably unrealistic to expect high end sound + comfort and weight of a mass produced headphone.
i disagree based on my own experience, and i note that you added padding to the diana's headband. why did you make that modification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back