Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 7, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #1,862 of 7,572
Can I get some comments on the bass of these headphones? I want bass that hits really hard, but not bloated. I usually listen to pop, hiphop, electronic... Also which version has the best bass, v2 or phi?..

Sadly I don't have a chance to listen before buying. I was planning on auditioning them in Canjam London but I guess that's not going to happen anymore.

May 7, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #1,863 of 7,572
What about the dekoni nuggets? They look comfortable.
But if there is strong clamping force and not supercomfortable for all the users I ll stay with the utopia that are still pretty new..
Need the covid to give up to try how they wear by myself!
For me, the headband isn't the problem. I don't really get a "hot spot" with them (I do with some headphones, say the Senn HD630VB hurt a lot), but not these.
It's just that the clamping force is, well, vice-like. I tried putting them on something overnight, it seems to have worked a bit, will probably keep doing this for a bit to try and get it slightly better as the sound is wonderful!.

May 7, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #1,864 of 7,572
Can I get some comments on the bass of these headphones? I want bass that hits really hard, but not bloated. I usually listen to pop, hiphop, electronic... Also which version has the best bass, v2 or phi?..

Sadly I don't have a chance to listen before buying. I was planning on auditioning them in Canjam London but I guess that's not going to happen anymore.

Based on what I tested from V2 and phi, I think V2 will suit you better. Bass is really dense, deep, agile, and no sign of bloated. And overall sound also slight more forgiving with mainstream recording.

Do you plan to purchase dac/amp in the future? I use macbook as well, and I can assure you internal sound card has no enough power.

For me, the headband isn't the problem. I don't really get a "hot spot" with them (I do with some headphones, say the Senn HD630VB hurt a lot), but not these.
It's just that the clamping force is, well, vice-like. I tried putting them on something overnight, it seems to have worked a bit, will probably keep doing this for a bit to try and get it slightly better as the sound is wonderful!.

Actually due to corona lockdown and I can't meet my barbershop, now diana is really comfortable on my head (even for 4 hours of use). Thicker hair do the trick for the headband "issue".

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #1,866 of 7,572
Based on what I tested from V2 and phi, I think V2 will suit you better. Bass is really dense, deep, agile, and no sign of bloated. And overall sound also slight more forgiving with mainstream recording.

Do you plan to purchase dac/amp in the future? I use macbook as well, and I can assure you internal sound card has no enough power.

I can buy one if I buy Diana. Maybe Hugo 2...

May 7, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #1,867 of 7,572

I’m wondering if you’re looking for bass that hits hard to check out another planar headphone. Maybe the Final Audio D8000 or D8000 Pro. There are differences but since it’s a flagship you’ll get a similar level of resolution as the Diana. In the far future I’m thinking of doing a direct comparison because I’m a recovering bass head :)

May 7, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #1,868 of 7,572
I’m wondering if you’re looking for bass that hits hard to check out another planar headphone. Maybe the Final Audio D8000 or D8000 Pro. There are differences but since it’s a flagship you’ll get a similar level of resolution as the Diana. In the far future I’m thinking of doing a direct comparison because I’m a recovering bass head :)

Good recommendation, thank you. Reviews say it's a great headphone for bass lovers.

May 7, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,869 of 7,572
I can buy one if I buy Diana. Maybe Hugo 2...

that's a solid choice, along with wa11

do you need portability or can use desktop equipment too?

Honestly, I like D8000 too. But choose diana over it and meze empyrean because I want something more neutral in term of tonality. D8000 and empyrean has stronger character (which is good if you like it) than Diana V2. The advantage and/or weakness of these type of headphones, they tend to produce more similar tone in vocal from one singer to others (these headphones constantly infuse their tone to the singer's vocality). I just afraid I will feel bored someday.

Despite the hint of warmness in midrange area of V2, actually it is pretty transparent in term of translate a recording character from a song. Sometimes a song could be so warm, and the other song could become bright airy, really depend on their recording. In a good file, it sounds superb. (Currently listening to Katie Melua - Love is a silent thief).

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,870 of 7,572
that's a solid choice, along with wa11

do you need portability or can use desktop equipment too?

Honestly, I like D8000 too. But choose diana over it and meze empyrean because I want something more neutral in term of tonality. D8000 and empyrean has stronger character (which is good if you like it) than Diana V2. The advantage and/or weakness of these type of headphones, they tend to produce more similar tone in vocal from one singer to others (these headphones constantly infuse their tone to the singer's vocality). I just afraid I will feel bored someday.

Despite the hint of warmness in midrange area of V2, actually it is pretty transparent in term of translate a recording character from a song. Sometimes a song could be so warm, and the other song could become bright airy, really depend on their recording. In a good file, it sounds superb. (Currently listening to Katie Melua - Love is a silent thief).

This is why I’m happy owning the Diana right now. Eventually, I’m sure I’ll try the D8000 or Empyrean and future flagships but I think it’s more than capable to handle any genre I throw at it currently. If I really want some bass I’ll enjoy my Campfire Cascade until I realize it’s far less resolving and go back to the Diana :beyersmile:

May 7, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #1,871 of 7,572
Here's my gear
20200507_174249.jpg
20200507_174339.jpg
20200507_175009.jpg

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,872 of 7,572
Forgive the cable management. This desk usually also has 2 laptops, another keyboard, a trackpad, and many other things on it, so this is as good as it gets for the photos :D
I already packed the Clears and they will be posted probably today.

May 7, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #1,873 of 7,572
Here's my gear20200507_174249.jpg20200507_174339.jpg20200507_175009.jpg
Nice pic, but the Clears have some of the worst pads ever. Not so must for sound, but from a wear and tear standpoint.

May 7, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,875 of 7,572
It is what it is. They are very comfortable.
Yes they are, I have the Clear Pro's. What are your initial thoughts on the sound between the Clears and Diana's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back