Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 26, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #256 of 805
have you received it yet?

Oct 27, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #257 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not didding any one who pre-ordered who knew?

But for people considering a purchase at this point you DO realize that you are supporting the antics of the company regarless of how good this amp is it should not be on anyones x mas list!

This will only happen again in some other form and you will only have yourselfs to blame!!!!

Who says it's any good at all? Even pre burn-in a terrific amp will sound exceptional. From what Boomana stated, I didn't get the feeling she was exactly knocked off her feet.

Oct 27, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #258 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being said, I might be selling mine rather quickly. I'm just buying it to see it in person and see what it's like. Please don't contact me if you're interested, I'll make an ad when that time comes. I've already contacted a couple people about it, and they're interested.

I know nick but the money still went to the company. If selling it makes you feel better about it fine but if you already paid for it then keep it.

The choices are yours I am with skylab on this one and as much as I would love to tote that thing around with its stunning looks I will refrain and will not support the company that has done this to you all!

Oct 27, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #259 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who says it's any good at all? Even pre burn-in a terrific amp will sound exceptional. From what Boomana stated, I didn't get the feeling she was exactly knocked off her feet.

I was just taking the stance assuming even if it were good! I have no idea how it sounds! And probably never will!

Oct 27, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #260 of 805
who has pics?

Oct 27, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #261 of 805
WOW!!! what a saga.

Praying it all works out well for those involved.
icon10.gif

Oct 27, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #262 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No.

True.
I have no doubt it will be a strong competitor for sound quality, and in a league of its own for case durability/design/aesthetic.

Still, I think its important to remind people that it was designed a while ago; for my money that is not a trivial detail. For example, if people were led to believe that this was a fresh design that was created last week by Phil, they would not be aware of the fact that Phil has more recently created the Lisa III.
Given the fact that the Lisa III is both 'newer', made by Phil, and currently available, I'd say that would be a big piece of information to miss out on.

For the record, I have no doubt the Diablo will kick sonic butt. Never did. I just think it would be beneficial for folks to know there is more than one source for Phils fine products.

(and other companies as well)

The R10 & K1000 was made a while ago too.. & what dynamic cans made today can touch them.

Oct 27, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #263 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man this thread is a tragedy.

Totally. This is an epic tale of betrayal, denial, crushed hopes and unrealized potential and finally in the latest act the premature death of a young and beautiful amp... *sob*

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #264 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have some exciting news. I am actually going to the UK tomorrow on business. Duncan and I are going to meet up Thursday at 1:00 pm UK time, and I will then hold a Diablo in my own two hands, and I will plug in headphones, and an iPod, and we'll be off and running! So by this time tomorrow you will have some initial impressions right here.

Yeah, well he might find a way to hijack your plane.
280smile.gif
The Diablo is apparently top-secret electronics.

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #265 of 805
Quote:

Guys, Duncan didn't know they didn't work. Don't blame him.

But shouldn't Larry have tested them before sending them to Duncan???

Oh come on, sure he did. That's why he couldn't coincidentally find a headphone. I feel bad for any one of you who has done business with these unethical people. You could tie me upside down to the peak of K2 before these people would ever see a dollar of mine.

I agree woth Trose here.... anyone thinking about buying an amp from this guy, don't do it. These are not ethical business practices that they employ. My longstanding position on Head-Fi has been "warranty" and "customer service" are requirements for myself to purchase a product. There are excellent vendors on here -- HeadAmp, Meier, etc. -- buy from them instead. You'll get your product and you'll get a good working product that sounds great. But the only way to stop these things from happening to you is if you don't enable people like Larry.

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #266 of 805
OK, in what is TRULY the oddest twist for me personally in what has been a crazy soap-opera to be sure, I went to the post office today to sign for a package, which turns out to be...a silver Diablo. Unreal. So even though Larocco Audio refunded my money, they shipped me one anyway.

I am going to charge it and test it, but will also let Larocco know that they sent me the amp in error. Let's see if they actually reply to me this time - I bet they do!

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #267 of 805
Quote:

OK, in what is TRULY the oddest twist for me personally in what has been a crazy soap-opera to be sure, I went to the post office today to sign for a package, which turns out to be...a silver Diablo. Unreal. So even though Larocco Audio refunded my money, they shipped me one anyway.

I am going to charge it and test it, but will also let Larocco know that they sent me the amp in error. Let's see if they actually reply to me this time - I bet they do!

A fantasticly run company to say the least!

I will be interested in a real opinion Sky! Not that I will get one either way but I trust your assesment!

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #268 of 805
Quote:

Too F-ing funny! This has been one fun week! The end rather fitting if you think about it
wink.gif
I love this audio world of ours!

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #269 of 805
Quote:

I'm all about honesty, but I have to say in some ways I feel you've earned this amp even with the current situation. That's not to say I wouldn't contact them too, because I'm sure I would.

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #270 of 805
Quote:

THat's crazy funny indeed. Well, you may as well listen to it and compare it to the other top gun portable amps you have around
wink.gif

I am sure you'll get a reply as well

[edit] could you take a pic along side some of the other amps to get an idea of its comparative dimmensions?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back