Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 25, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #166 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these folks already paid, right? no clue, you had hidden option 3. tricky

Notice how the reputable manufacturers here, even the one man operations, don't ask for payment until they are ready to ship their product?

All options listed involve lack of motivation. Because why would Larry have any motivation to ship a product when he already has all the money already? He gets no additional money by shipping early or on time even. He only benefits the longer he holds out. This is typical of fly by night operations, delay upon delay. They care not about their reputation, they already have the money. The only motivation that works is in the form of legal action.

Delays happen, sure, but it's worse when it's someone that only accepts payment up front.

-Ed

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #167 of 805
Is that ERS paper that all of the parts are sitting on top of
evil_smiley.gif
?

Oct 25, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #170 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only two options:

1. Too lazy to pack them up and make a trip to the postal office.

2. Amps aren't really done yet.

So which one is it?

I'm going for option #2.
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #175 of 805
Well...

I just got done meeting with Duncan. First and foremost let me say Duncan is a very nice guy, and I genuinely feel bad for him - he is totally out of the monetary side of the Diablo, and is making no money on these, yet he is stuck in the middle.

That said...

Today was a bust, since neither of the 2 Diablos he has actually worked. One of them actually smelled of burning silicon when we plugged it in, and the other one didn't light up at all. Best case, the charging circuit was bad. Worst case...well...you know.

So I do not have a Diablo, and now I am pretty convinced that at least I personally never will. I have no confidence that they can be produced reliably.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #176 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...

I just got done meeting with Duncan. First and foremost let me say Duncan is a very nice guy, and I genuinely feel bad for him - he is totally out of the monetary side of the Diablo, and is making no money on these, yet he is stuck in the middle.

That said...

Today was a bust, since neither of the 2 Diablos he has actually worked. One of them actually smelled of burning silicon when we plugged it in, and the other one didn't light up at all. Best case, the charging circuit was bad. Worst case...well...you know.

So I do not have a Diablo, and now I am pretty convinced that at least I personally never will. I have no confidence that they can be produced reliably.

I wish I could swear on here! FFFFFFFFart!

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #177 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...

That said...

You have to be Friggin kidding me!! Why would he agree to meet with you if the Diablos do not work?

I feel so sorry for the people here that paid in advance.

I would say a class action suit would be the bare min at this point.

Also I suggest that the OP change the title of this thread it is simply to heart wrenching to take!

All in favor? SAY I!

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #178 of 805
Guys, Duncan didn't know they didn't work. Don't blame him.

But shouldn't Larry have tested them before sending them to Duncan???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back