Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 24, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #151 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse? The man doesn't own any cans! Give him a break! He sold them off because he recently got married and wanted to be respectful to his wife. I don't have any HP's at the moment either, so if I get it in the next week or so, I'm going to be using it with my JVC Marshmallow's! Then I plan on using it with a pair of HD650's
icon10.gif

I respectfully suggest that you receive the custom title, "Apologist Extremus".

Come on man, he can run out and pick up a pair of cans when literally $25,000 of product is allegedly waiting on his approval to ship. To say other wise would be laughable if everyone involve hadn't been so royally screwed over for the last 2+ years. If he didn't intend to have any headphones he never should have made his approval part of the process. But again, I guess this all just snuck up on him and he's really the victim here. Man, it's days like this I wish we could use profanity here.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #152 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LMAO guys!

Actually, it just occurred to me this morning that Duncan might be willing and able to pull this off.

Assuming the Diablo works, I intend to buy it (some of you may recall I was on the wait list for over a year but recently asked for and received my money back).

And as such, yeah, he knows he needs to have it charged up enough so I can listen to it, and he wants to listen to it as well.

The flight from London to Chicago is under 8 hours. I have done it several times.

Just out of curiosity where abouts are you planning on meeting up?

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #153 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I respectfully suggest that you receive the custom title, "Apologist Extremus".

Come on man, he can run out and pick up a pair of cans when literally $25,000 of product is allegedly waiting on his approval to ship. To say other wise would be laughable if everyone involve hadn't been so royally screwed over for the last 2+ years. If he didn't intend to have any headphones he never should have made his approval part of the process. But again, I guess this all just snuck up on him and he's really the victim here. Man, it's days like this I wish we could use profanity here.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

To you, from Duncan:

Quote:

...tell n_maher at head-fi that no amps are awaiting my approval to ship. They were approved directly after mine came through...And the amp Skylab is getting and taking back with him to the US is my personal amp..I'm going to wait for another so you guys can get impressions directly instead of having to wait on me.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #155 of 805
Quote:

Yay, so what's the excuse that the rest of the amps haven't shipped then.

That would be Larry Milligan's generally disorganized, over-promising business model, I would bet.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #156 of 805
Quote:

Yay, so what's the excuse that the rest of the amps haven't shipped then.

Only two options:

1. Too lazy to pack them up and make a trip to the postal office.

2. Amps aren't really done yet.

So which one is it?

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #158 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So which one is it?

Wait...wait, I know this one I swear...

I pick D, both.

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #159 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i pick option 2 then option 1 will inevitably happen. some many get lucky to get it before next year.
plainface.gif

It's all moot at this point, the Diablo is way too late to the party, money is going to fly to the Pico and Predator, despite the melodrama about those two Amps, Justin and Ray know how to ship a product out the door in quantity and have done so.

-Ed

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #160 of 805
Quote:

I respectfully suggest that you receive the custom title, "Apologist Extremus"

You can say that again,Nate.

Quoted from ipastudio:
[size=xx-large]LARRY! WHERE ARE YOU?
WE WANT SOME NEWS!!
DON'T WORRY, WE LOVE YOU!
WE JUST WANT OUR AMPS![/size]

LOL!!!!!!!!

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #161 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab has decided to ship himself to the Diablo...ironic.

ROTFL!
basshead.gif

Thats a whole new way to do business knowone has thought of!

Ship the customer to the product!! VERY cost effective stategy

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #162 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all moot at this point, the Diablo is way too late to the party, money is going to fly to the Pico and Predator, despite the melodrama about those two Amps, Justin and Ray know how to ship a product out the door in quantity and have done so.

-Ed

these folks already paid, right? no clue, you had hidden option 3. tricky

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #163 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"This is business... not personal."

Man you are committed -- traveling to the UK on behalf of Head-fiers business -- all to confirm the existence and sound of a Diablo.

smily_headphones1.gif

I was thinking better yet Sky is bringing headphones to the Diablo
wink.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #164 of 805
5Final-Assembly-pcb.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but this photo doesnt show readied amps, only the parts. This means that at the time of the photograph that was meant to show professional progress, THE PARTS WERE FINALLY IN ONE PLACE.

Anybody can order parts. [size=medium]Did it really take 2 years to ready the boards to be assembled into the amp?[/size] Sweet jesus this is really getting sad.

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #165 of 805
The assembly picture is intriguing. First of all, I'm trying to find an explanation for the delay in delivery. It could be that all parts of the Diablo had to be hand matched and assembled using fine craftmanship only to be found in the US. Maybe there were lots of parts, requiring the engineers to scoure the globe visiting nuclear labs to acquire rare technology. The housing was especially made for the Diablo and would take time to Dremel it out of a solid block of aluminium.

Looking at the picture however it seems that the parts are not handmatched at all. The boards have only few parts, none of them unique or rare. It would be easy to lease a production line in China and have thousands of boards made there in a few weeks time. The housing, although looking nice, can be made in any toolshop at a reasonable price.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Diablo is a beautiful piece of hardware and no doubt it can make God Himself weep with it's soundquality but why the frigging heck did the ordering customers have to wait this long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back