Diablo III Release date officially announced...
Apr 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 79

Quote:
That would be fun. I've never used headphones for gaming, I've always been a speaker guy. I'll have to give phones a try, as soon as I get my GrubDAC built this week.

I see you're in Belgium - I love Belgian ales, especially Flanders red. Expensive and hard to find in the states, though.

Flanders red would probably be something like rodenbach? If there's ever any beer you should get your hands on you should try to locate one of the following:  "duvel", "westmalle" or "sint-bernardus/westvleteren"

And glad to know you like our beers :)

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #17 of 79

Quote:
Flanders red would probably be something like rodenbach? If there's ever any beer you should get your hands on you should try to locate one of the following:  "duvel", "westmalle" or "sint-bernardus/westvleteren"

And glad to know you like our beers :)

I've had all those beers, they're just expensive over here, and not always in good condition when we can find them. The alcohol content helps preserve them, but exposure to light is never good for beer.

True story: I once spent $57 USD on a growler of Rodenbach Red. (I was in that danger zone - on a pub crawl, too drunk to think clearly, but still able to sign a credit card slip.
beerchug.gif
) It was worth every penny, though.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #18 of 79

Quote:
I've had all those beers, they're just expensive over here, and not always in good condition when we can find them. The alcohol content helps preserve them, but exposure to light is never good for beer.

True story: I once spent $57 USD on a growler of Rodenbach Red. (I was in that danger zone - on a pub crawl, too drunk to think clearly, but still able to sign a credit card slip.
beerchug.gif
) It was worth every penny, though.

I wonder how they taste though, as far as I know some beers are somewhat changed to appeal to the different markets. Stella for example tastes a lot different in the export version but I'm not sure to which beers this applies. But ouch, that's ridiculously expensive. I find it a lot to pay 3.5 euro for a duvel. But if you've had all of those then you have my respect because only a real fan would track those down
tongue.gif

Are you or anyone else for that matter still playing the beta? I've been out for the last two patches so I'll probably try at least the monk one more time. Shout if anyone's interested :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #19 of 79

Quote:

I wonder how they taste though, as far as I know some beers are somewhat changed to appeal to the different markets. Stella for example tastes a lot different in the export version but I'm not sure to which beers this applies. But ouch, that's ridiculously expensive. I find it a lot to pay 3.5 euro for a duvel. But if you've had all of those then you have my respect because only a real fan would track those down
tongue.gif

Are you or anyone else for that matter still playing the beta? I've been out for the last two patches so I'll probably try at least the monk one more time. Shout if anyone's interested :)

I don't bother with Stella, it's just another industrial euro-lager to me. (Don't care much for lagers in general, although I do like a good bock or dopplebock). Some of the Abbey beers can sell for $8-$12 per 12 oz. bottle over here, so they're not something I drink a lot of. I'm also a homebrewer and beer judge, so I have a lot of experience with the various Belgian Ales, both commercial and homebrewed. (I've had some amazing homebrewed Belgian beers, including lambics, and have made some pretty good ones myself).

I'm still playing the beta. I played the monk a couple patches back, and like the character a lot. I have a wizard and barbarian going right now.

PM me if you're interested in doing a little co-op. I've only played solo in the beta so far.

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #20 of 79

Quote:

I don't bother with Stella, it's just another industrial euro-lager to me. (Don't care much for lagers in general, although I do like a good bock or dopplebock). Some of the Abbey beers can sell for $8-$12 per 12 oz. bottle over here, so they're not something I drink a lot of. I'm also a homebrewer and beer judge, so I have a lot of experience with the various Belgian Ales, both commercial and homebrewed. (I've had some amazing homebrewed Belgian beers, including lambics, and have made some pretty good ones myself).

I'm still playing the beta. I played the monk a couple patches back, and like the character a lot. I have a wizard and barbarian going right now.

PM me if you're interested in doing a little co-op. I've only played solo in the beta so far.

Hah that's a nice hobby. Lambics are something you have to learn to appreciate though. There aren't that many good lambics around either, if you have one of the lesser ones it just tastes horrible in every sense of the word...

Ayway, my name to add is : daffy#2138

I'll see when I can get on, kind of busy at the moment. Currently still working for uni, then shopping, then making scampi diabolique because my dad's retiring today and then some more uni work. When are you normally on in your time zone?  

On a sidenote, can't wait to slay diablo
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #22 of 79

Quote:
Blizzard has avoided any mention of an actual date until recently, it's always been "last quarter of this year" or "first quarter of next year". I think they mean it this time.

I wouldn't mind if they hold off, I spent the whole summer in 2000 building up a high level Necromancer.  I don't have the luxury of that kind of time now!   
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #23 of 79
Quote:
I wouldn't mind if they hold off, I spent the whole summer in 2000 building up a high level Necromancer.  I don't have the luxury of that kind of time now!   
frown.gif

Lol, I had sixteen characters over level 90.  I had so much gear stored on mules that I started making random builds just so I'd have toons to use all the accumulated gear.  I probably played Diablo II more hours than every other game I've ever played combined.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #24 of 79

Quote:
Quote:

Lol, I had sixteen characters over level 90.  I had so much gear stored on mules that I started making random builds just so I'd have toons to use all the accumulated gear.  I probably played Diablo II more hours than every other game I've ever played combined.

Ditto, although the only one i got to level 95 was my necro. Most of the times I stopped at 90-92 just because the extra gain was pretty low overall. The times I've wasted...

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #25 of 79
Quote:
Ditto, although the only one i got to level 95 was my necro. Most of the times I stopped at 90-92 just because the extra gain was pretty low overall. The times I've wasted...

I got my artillery bowazon to 99.  She probably had somewhere close to 450 dexterity.  3-socket helm w/ 3x 40/15, 4-socket armor w/ 4x 40/15, Razortail, Windforce w/ 40/15.  She could clear a screen of hell-difficulty cows with one multi-shot.  Of course, she was also made of paper.

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #26 of 79

Quote:
Hah that's a nice hobby. Lambics are something you have to learn to appreciate though. There aren't that many good lambics around either, if you have one of the lesser ones it just tastes horrible in every sense of the word...

Ayway, my name to add is : daffy#2138

I'll see when I can get on, kind of busy at the moment. Currently still working for uni, then shopping, then making scampi diabolique because my dad's retiring today and then some more uni work. When are you normally on in your time zone?  

On a sidenote, can't wait to slay diablo
evil_smiley.gif

I'm Alcazar#1345

I tend to be on evenings (EST), or on weekends somewhat randomly.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #27 of 79
Did Blizzard release any requirements to play in Hardcore mode?  Brother and group of friends want to play exclusively in hardcore and was wondering if the requirements, if any, were mentioned. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #30 of 79
Oooh that cleared things up... i think  :confused:

sridhar3 is reffering to permadeath in hardcore mode. If you die it's over. The requirement for it in the beta was that you had to complete the campaign I believe. I'm not sure since I don't actually have beta access. Maybe someone else with access can tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back