Diablo III Release date officially announced...
May 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #61 of 79
Barbarian for sure. I leveled every character (except the WD, I dislike it's mechanics) to 13 through many stages of the beta, and I keep returning to the Barbarian for the pure rawness of unbridled rage. There's something addictive about that slight screen shake and bass punch as your weapon makes contact and sends bits and pieces of demon flesh trailing across the screen.

May 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #63 of 79
12 years later....

I'm so pumped for this game. I have wasted countless hundreds or thousands of hours on D2 and can only expect to do the same for D3. (Although my current job and wife won't allow it... :p) Oh how I miss the old days of summer vacations and endless sessions of D2. If my wife wouldn't kill me/it wasn't such short notice, I'd take 2 weeks of vacation time from work and get on my grind! I just hope it works okay for OSX as I really don't feel like buying a copy of windows just for this game.

May 14, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #64 of 79
Quote:
12 years later....

I'm so pumped for this game. I have wasted countless hundreds or thousands of hours on D2 and can only expect to do the same for D3. (Although my current job and wife won't allow it... :p) Oh how I miss the old days of summer vacations and endless sessions of D2. If my wife wouldn't kill me/it wasn't such short notice, I'd take 2 weeks of vacation time from work and get on my grind! I just hope it works okay for OSX as I really don't feel like buying a copy of windows just for this game.

you only need one copy, it will work on both osx and windows

May 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #65 of 79
The D3 beta really wasn't what I expected. I feel like they oversimplified the game too much. Has anyone here ever heard of Path of Exile?

If not, I suggest you look at it. Especially if you're a Diablo 2 fan. Although I'll still probably buy D3 and play it, Path of Exile has serious potential, and look/feel, hell, maybe even play more like what I envisioned D3 to be.

May 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #66 of 79
Quote:
you only need one copy, it will work on both osx and windows

I was saying that I don't want to have to buy a copy OF windows (The operating system.) :p

May 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #67 of 79
Hows that Error 37 guys?

evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #68 of 79
Hows that Error 37 guys?

:evil:

Going well. You can play every bit of the game most people have access to right here. I didn't actually expect it to go too well on launch, just didn't expect Blizzard to mess up this badly though. They could've at least made some kind of queuing system. Oh well, it'll be sorted in a short while I expect. I've been able to play for about 3 hours today and I must say that it has been fun while it lasted. A very polished game when it actually works. :)

May 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #70 of 79
Anyone got a guest pass they wouldn't mind giving away? I won't be playing actively for a few months so I'd rather wait to buy the game, but I could use something to do this week...

May 17, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #73 of 79
Just beat the game for the first time, lvl 30 wizard.
Hardly played straight though, I got plenty of sleep between yesterday and today xD
I definitely like the game so far, but it's not completely what I expected, never having played Diablo 2.  I was hoping for something MMORPGish, since I heard that it was going to have tremendous replay value, but I'm still not seeing what's going to keep people playing.  It seems more like an offline rpg with excellent coop and multiplayer integration to me right now.  Maybe after I finish nightmare mode I'll see.

Hows that Error 37 guys?

Lol, sat in front of my computer and typed my password in non stop for a good hour and 15 mins before I got in.  It's funny because I have a corsair k60 keyboard that only has a wrist rest on the left side, and after a full hour of literal non stop typing my right hand was really missing that pad.

May 17, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #74 of 79
I definitely like the game so far, but it's not completely what I expected, never having played Diablo 2.  I was hoping for something MMORPGish, since I heard that it was going to have tremendous replay value, but I'm still not seeing what's going to keep people playing.  It seems more like an offline rpg with excellent coop and multiplayer integration to me right now.  Maybe after I finish nightmare mode I'll see.

The higher difficulty modes is where it's at for coop. That is, on the higher difficulties it was very hard to play D2 alone. Diablo never was a multiplayer game to begin with though. It's a single player with coop. I'd say that most people playing Diablo 2 played alone or with a few friends. (I know I did)

Edit: These guys are doing a steaming marathon for a week. They're on inferno now. Maybe something you'd be interested in seeing. Main guy is 2GD which you may know from Quake, Wow or BLC. He commentated those games for quite a few major tournaments.

May 17, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #75 of 79
Just started nightmare mode with my demon hunter and found a legendary drop within the first 10 minutes! I was ecstatic to say the least, lol. Gonna throw it up on the auction house once my other items sell, as the 10 item limit and no way to cancel an auction are a bit annoying right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back