Diablo 3 was announced today ;)
Jul 1, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by megawzrd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so stoked for this: So much that I looked for my diablo copy today after discussing some fond memories of diablo and diablo ii with a co-worker; alas I couldn't find it so I snagged one on ebay (hope it ships fast).

I remember so vividly the chill that ran down my spine while playing Diablo as a teenager in my room with the lights out. Hearing out of the silence, in a dark empty chamber "mmmmm....fresh meat," I was hooked from then on.

Oh so many years lost playing DII. Cant wait for DIII.

Mate, you sum up my feelings for the previous and upcoming Diablo's exactly
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #48 of 57
What I liked most about the Diablo series is the mythology. If you're ever read the serialized novels, they refer to many experiences you encounter throughout the game. Diablo III is not what I had expected visually. Compared to the original Diablo that I played when I was 12, the new installment looks softer and gentler. The monsters in the video cannot compare to The Butcher. I fear that Blizzard will no longer give us sociopathic monsters.

Jul 1, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slow? LMAO... I dont know if you only play single player, but this game is FAST, esp group leveling, dueling, and w/e... its a ****load faster than WoW or many other hacknslash rpg games.
Unstable? I have no idea what your talking about... there are obviously flaws (like duping and stuff) but then they have released patches and stuff.
Terrible Bnet? Remember, THIS BNET WAS FREE, no one is paying 20$ a month to get more stuff up, unlike WoW. There are rarely any server crashes, game crashes or whatnot.

Dueling is diablo 2 was amazing. The perfect combination of talent and gear. If you had talent you didn't need as much gear, if you had gear you didn't need as much gear. Well unless its a BvB duel in which case you wouldn't build a BvB barb without huge funds.

Wow is gear THEN skill.

And duping and hacking is due to the fact that diablo was taken under assault so often and in so many different manners that were new at the time it didn't have a choice but to be taken by surprise at times. With the knowledge they've gained they should be able to prevent most problems related to hacking and duping. Maybe even botting, who knows.

Jul 1, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slow? LMAO... I dont know if you only play single player, but this game is FAST, esp group leveling, dueling, and w/e... its a ****load faster than WoW or many other hacknslash rpg games.

WoW's minimum specs are a PIII 933 with 512MB of RAM, and a 32MB video card.
When D2 was released, I had a K6-2 350 with 192MB RAM and a 12MB Voodoo2. Decent speed with Glide, but nothing special...apparently better than most on Bnet had, though. 128MB, even then, made necros hated...and that never let up (too bad for them
smily_headphones1.gif
). Framerates with D3D only tripled going to a C2D 2.66, 4GB RAM, and a 7300GT (cheapo DD2 7600). It wasn't finished properly, and a single vendor's technology (3Dfx's Glide) was made far too important for the game's performance.
Quote:

Unstable? I have no idea what your talking about... there are obviously flaws (like duping and stuff) but then they have released patches and stuff.

I mean it took until 1.06 before a four hour game was anything but laughable, between the game crashing and Bnet lagging out. I remember the crashes well, both client and server.
Quote:

Terrible Bnet? Remember, THIS BNET WAS FREE, no one is paying 20$ a month to get more stuff up, unlike WoW. There are rarely any server crashes, game crashes or whatnot.

There were rarely server crashes after they fixed Diablo 2, as well. But, that took something like a year. Since there was no non-free Bnet option, that part is irrelevant.

Jul 1, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have any of you though about addiction?? I'm scared, really scared, not only for me but for young people in general.

Remember how people were addicted when WoW got out?

People are still addicted to World of Snorecraft. If they're dumb enough to get addicted to a Chinese sweatshop simulator, err... I mean a horrible excuse for a game, that's their problem.

I'd love for the MMORPG fad to end so developers can start putting out single player PC titles again, but I don't see it happening any time soon. And I don't think lambasting the games as addictive "substances" will do anything but give the anti-video-game crowd more ammunition to infringe upon the first amendment.

Jul 6, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #53 of 57
As a casual, but long time gamer I am, I was quite excited to hear anouncememt of Diablo 3.

Both me and my wife were so excited about the news, and we agreed that it is the time to upgrade our PC just to get Diablo 3 going. It is very rare for her to say ok to PC upgrades though, she agreed on it 100% at this time. For your information, we played Diablo 1 together via the internet before we met each other in person. I would never know her if Diablo 1 was not there. (BTW, I pk'ed her character quite lot.)

Blizzard is quite notorious when it comes to keep their launch timing... but they do launch the game they promised so far, so we're not seeing any significant upgrades right now, but it is defnitely on schedule.

Jul 6, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphone_speaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just hate it. Why do they announce the game too early when they still don't finish it?(only two out of 5 clan heroes now)
I hate waiting , waiting ,waiting

YouTube - Take That - Patience
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back