DHL warning
Jul 9, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #16 of 51
this is why really good packaging - i mean much more than is necessary - is so important. never know how the item will be handled.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #18 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that bomb proof packing is the only way to go.

But then customs will have a field day over such packages.
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #19 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is why really good packaging - i mean much more than is necessary - is so important. never know how the item will be handled.

Quote:

Absolutely no doubt about it. The guys at SinglePower do a really great job in this regard, thankfully as do many others.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

You are dxxn right....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #22 of 51
I like EMS and Fedex. That story reminds me of Jim Carey's treatment of the package in one of his movies. I usually put a large cardboard sign in front of the door. It reads as follows: I am waiting for my package. Please knock and wait 30 seconds. Please do not leave until I get my package!

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One day someone will make a fast and reliable delivering company.

Once where all packages are treated with care, and are never lost or stolen, are delivered on time or earlier. Free tracking, and just as good if not better than UPS's tracking system.

. . . lol yeah right
rolleyes.gif

You just described ALL of my experiences with UPS >.< Just a bit expensive. The only complaint is that they always manage to make attempts to deliver when I am not home...luckily with two roommates and friendly neighbors that has not caused me any issues.

Jul 10, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #24 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmclaurin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe (but I'm not totally sure) that by default, items are shipped uninsured from SinglePower via DHL.

Is that really true???!!
eek.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #25 of 51
Most packages are insured internally. This way neither Singlepower or the customer need to deal with the shipping company. Since shipping companies are notorious for not honoring claims in a timely manner, it makes more sense to insure any loses or damage internally. This method guarantees the customer an insured delivery no matter what the shipping company's policies are.

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #26 of 51
I have almost always used the US Postal Service and Post Canada from North America and Post Danmark internally. Express mail tracking crosses borders, so I can track a package once it arrives in DK or leaves DK.

UPS is trouble. DHL is trouble.

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #27 of 51
So far in my area at work FedEx and UPS has been great. DHL on the other hand had lost a shipment and finally delivered it after 3 weeks. Then the vendor send out another $5000.00 server and it was delivered in 2 weeks, but it was totally open.
frown.gif
Sorry to hear about your tubes.

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #28 of 51
My family and myself have ordered enough packages that we are all very friendly with the FedEx, UPS, and USPS workers. They're all great guys, they always ring the bell and wait to make sure someone gets the package.

Although, I have gotten some rather mistreated packages from UPS, so I tend to use USPS and FedEx whenever possible.

Jul 10, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #29 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I once had a UPS guy open the front door and throw the package in. I was on the toilet, the reason for not anwering the door and knowing what he did. I couldn't believe he would open the door and toss the package in. Well at least he didn't leave it outside. :^)

lolol. that's so funny! then again, shame on you for leaving your front door unlocked, you didn't even put a door chain on... tsk tsk...
600smile.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My family and myself have ordered enough packages that we are all very friendly with the FedEx, UPS, and USPS workers. They're all great guys, they always ring the bell and wait to make sure someone gets the package.

Although, I have gotten some rather mistreated packages from UPS, so I tend to use USPS and FedEx whenever possible.

If "great guys" delivers your packages or some not so nice guys depends a lot of how good they get paid.

I live in Germany and the postal/package service was a service from the state. Like the police and the fire department. You got a good services. But it changes in the 90´ies and the postal/package service from the state is now a corporation (with a lot of a lot of competition). The workers had then more to do, less rights and get less paid.

The service went really bad. A lot of corporations, and people who could afford it, used messenger services instead of the post.

But again, people wanted it cheaper and nowadays you have even there bad paid people. And bad paid people won´t give you a good service.

If you are not working in an office but on the street, you get nowadays threated as a "second class citizen" by a lot of companies/people.

It makes me no wonder, that people, who don´t want to be a "second class citizen" refuse to work in such an area. Or if they have to, they change to a misbehaving people.

I mean if you have to work 10 hours a day to earn enough money to afford a minimum living, you will try to reduce your worktime to at least 9 hours. And so you throw around with the packages, don´t ring the bell and wait ´till your customer comes up from the toilet and to the door. Maybe even steal or throw away the packages you have to deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back