DFW Meet #5. Summer 2007! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jul 10, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #31 of 146
Hi DFW Head-Fi'ers,

One of my buddies directed me to this thread and we are both planning on attending the upcoming meet. I'm looking forward to the 28th and meeting some of you locals-and listening to your gear!

I wanted to list the gear I could bring for you all to listen to, but I wanted to make sure it was cool before I do as I am a dealer/manufacturer. I don't generally post on forums as I view shilling as bad form, so I shy away as I would never want to give the impression that I have a hidden agenda.

So, tell me to go away, or tell me it's cool to post the gear I can bring, either way I promise not to "hard sell" anyone. Ha!

Best Wishes,

Lee

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #33 of 146
Lee,

You are more the welcome to attend and bring any and all possible gear you wish, but you can not try and make any sort of sales at the meet itself. The meet is completely nonprofit so I would appreciate that. PM me directly if there is anything else you want to discuss.

I hope to see you at the meet.

Thanks,
Alex

Jul 10, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #34 of 146
Cool. I'm a fairly "low key" guy, so I won't abuse my welcome.

I'll put together a list of gear and post it later today.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Lee

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lee,

You are more the welcome to attend and bring any and all possible gear you wish, but you can not try and make any sort of sales at the meet itself. The meet is completely nonprofit so I would appreciate that. PM me directly if there is anything else you want to discuss.

I hope to see you at the meet.

Thanks,
Alex

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #35 of 146
I'm going to try and make it up there. I'm not sure how long I can stay, but I think I will try to get there early and help setup. I'm not sure what exactly I can bring as some of my stuff is in other people's hands right now, but here's a potential list (stuff marked with *'s is on loan currently ... not sure if I can get them back or not):

Digital Sources:
California Audio Labs Delta CD transport
Meitner Musatex BITSTREAM™ D/A converter
M-Audio Audiophile Firewire

Amplifiers:
Singlepower MPX3 SE SLAM
PPAv2 with battery pack (*)
Nelson Pass inspired "Zen" headphone amplifier (*)

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD-650 with Zu
AKG K-340 with Zu extension

Tubes:
any requests? I'll be using Western Electric 396A and Sylvania 6BL7GT in the MPX3 SE and probably bring a pair of Tung-Sol 5687 and a loktal adaptor that will allow 7N7 and 7AF7 tubes to be used in lieu of 6SN7-types. I have a ton of 6SN7 tubes I can bring, and probably even more octal and noval tubes... just let me know.

Cables:
Kimber KCAG single-ended RCA
Kimber AGDL coaxial digital
Volex power cords
Wiremold multi-outlet device

Questions:
  • Steve, I can rig up a balanced HD-650 cable for use with your monoblock setup, as I have all the parts on me and have been meaning to do so... or do you have some sort of TRS adapter?
  • If someone wants to bring a turntable and cartridge, I can supply two phono preamps, namely a Whest PhonoStage.20 with MsU.20 power supply and DIY balanced Pass Xono. Just let me know.

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #36 of 146
I can bring a Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable that swt61 gave me at the last meet which I believe I fixed, but I have no cartridge or stylus to try it out. If someone can bring a cartridge and stylus everyone is more then welcome to use it.

-Alex-

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #38 of 146
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on bringing:

Cans
--
Beyer DT990, new style
Senn HD600
Goldring DR50
Goldring DR100
Goldring DR150

Gear
--
Zhaolu 2.5C w/upgraded headamp. Modified.
Shanling PCD3000A
Shanling PH3000
iMac
PC Link USB to SPDIF adapter

Cables/Power
--
A bunch of Locus Design cables (Power, I/C, Digital, etc.)
A bunch of CryoParts cables (Power, I/C, Digital, mini, phone, etc.)

And other assorted gear that may show up. All of the above is "tentative", but barring unforeseen circumstance I should be able to bring it.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Lee

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #40 of 146
Hello All,

Well, I'm a long time lurker coming out of hiding :). I am excited about the DFW mini meet and will be coming with my headphone rig I have built thanks to all the info. I have been learning from reading this addictive site! I am looking forward to making some new friends and hearing some great gear. You can read about my rig in my profile but the short list includes:

Headphones: Senn 650's with Moon Audio Black Dragon/ DCT'ed by cryo-parts.com.
Source:Modded RWA Olive Loaded with Jazz.
Dac: Benchmark Dac1
Headphone Amp: 2007 (SE) Headroom Home Amp. totally "Maxed".
Tube Buffer: Decware Zbox
Upsampler: Monarchy

Plus some other toys and tweaks ( I am a closet tweak geek).

FYI: "Guitarplayer" runs an awesome group of companies and in addition to making world class gear is also a real "stand up" guy. If I am lucky Lee may let me run some of his newest cables through my system...PLEASE!

Finish Well,
Dan

P.S. It would really be awesome if someone would bring some ED9's or L3000's!

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[*]Steve, I can rig up a balanced HD-650 cable for use with your monoblock setup, as I have all the parts on me and have been meaning to do so... or do you have some sort of TRS adapter?[/LIST]

I have a Balanced to TRS adapter, but no TRS to balanced adaptor. If you can bring a balanced cable I'd love to hear the HD650 balanced on my DDV.
I also have a hotel room floor (or chairs) if you decide it's too late to drive back. I'm sure Kasp3r won't mind, as long as you don't try to steal his bed.

Jul 11, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #42 of 146
Thanks! I'll pay you the $5 later.
wink.gif

I looked through the list of gear so far and didn't see any Denon 2000's, couple of 5000's, but alas, no 2000's. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? I really want to hear those. I'll buy whomever brings a set of 2000's a Starbuck's.

Dan, you're just going to have to buy a pair of the ED9's. If you do, I'll break them in for you.
tongue.gif

Best Wishes to everyone,

Lee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Millheim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello All,

FYI: "Guitarplayer" runs an awesome group of companies and in addition to making world class gear is also a real "stand up" guy. If I am lucky Lee may let me run some of his newest cables through my system...PLEASE!

P.S. It would really be awesome if someone would bring some ED9's or L3000's!

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #43 of 146
Oh hey, I can make this
smily_headphones1.gif

Crossroads MylarOne X3
Sennheiser CX300

Zune
iPod mini 2nd gen

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #44 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Balanced to TRS adapter, but no TRS to balanced adaptor. If you can bring a balanced cable I'd love to hear the HD650 balanced on my DDV.
I also have a hotel room floor (or chairs) if you decide it's too late to drive back. I'm sure Kasp3r won't mind, as long as you don't try to steal his bed.

If you over 40 then you can have the bed, if not, its mine
icon10.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #45 of 146
I hope some people can bring L3000, HE's and k1000 like last meet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back