DFW Meet #5. Summer 2007! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jul 8, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 146
I hope I can make it, I should know more in a week or so. I might have to go out of town for work that weekend. Ill let you know.

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #17 of 146
My attendance is up in the air that weekend. I may be in Abilene or I may be home, not sure which. If I am able to come, I will be bringing all the gear listed in my sig since I am strickly a portable head-fier now. The other additional items I can bring that are not listed in my sig is a pair of AKG K701's and 2g 4gb nano. Hopefully my new APS Cotton Carbon Mini-To-Mini cable will be ready then.

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dual Darkvoice monoblock balanced amp (Yin & Yang)

Personally, I would call them Igg and Ook

^- Anyone know where that came from?
I'll give you a hint, Bruce Willis said it.

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 146
Not sure if I can make it since I'm leaving for a road trip soon and don't know if I'll be home in time.

But if I can make it, I'll be able to bring:

Grado RS1
Stello DA100
Yamamoto HA-02
Zana Deux (If I receives the amp by then)

Jul 8, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will just leave it as July 28th then

dude you suck!

in that case, we are going to have a micro meet at your house when I am in Dallas
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #22 of 146
Well I will not be able to make it to the July 28th date. I have to go to Abilene that weekend to help my parents move. Sucks cause I was really looking forward to checking out Yin And Yang
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #23 of 146
I can make it.
May be a little jet lagged, but thats Ok

I can bring:
Naim CD5i
Bada PH-12
Grado SR-80
Beyerdynamic DT-990 ('05)
Faith Amp
and maybe a audio rack (if its done, and looks good enough to show)

and i guess i could bring my laptop with all my music sourced in mp3 V0
and a M-audio Firewire soundcard.

(I also may need a PM the day of, just in case you know
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I dont think I could make it at 9am because i still live about 30 mins away (its a straight shot down the tollroad though)

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #24 of 146
Looks like I can make it. Unfortunately, I have really just my wet-behind-the-ears rather than gear to boot like y'all.

- Sennheiser 580
- Shure E500 (w/ 80gig - Apple Lossless)

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #25 of 146
I am really going to try and make this one.

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Denon AH-C350, Sennheiser CX300, Sennheiser PX100

Amps - Cavalli Kan Kumisa III, mSeed Labs Spirit (if I can get an ok from Yang to keep it until then).

Jul 9, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #26 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would call them Igg and Ook

^- Anyone know where that came from?
I'll give you a hint, Bruce Willis said it.

Dude, that's easy... Hudson Hawk.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #27 of 146
I like how alex adds me to the list before he asks if i can come or what i will bring
biggrin.gif
- someone just knows me too well!!

Yes, i am in... i have to be.

Hope to have my USB Dac and my HA-1 Up by then.
Will also bring:
Dennon D5000's
AudioTechnica W10VTG's
AudioTechnica AD-1000's
Shure E500's

The IEM's may not make it to the meet, but i'll make it a point to bring everything else.

Cheers to Alex ahead of time for again beautifully organizing another soon-to-be great meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #28 of 146
I got everything updated up until here. I only added people who are sure (or almost sure) that they will be attending. I will do my best to case up the SDP-1 so that everyone could try it. Maybe a temp wooden case or something. I don't want to bring it all open and visible for everyone for a few reasons.
smily_headphones1.gif
This meet I am sure will turn out nicely as there are still quite a few people who haven't checked PM's and some have already checked and posted here. I hope to see a lot of old faces and some new ones.

Also, some of you were asking so I will just post here. I get back from vacation on the 17th.

Thanks,
Alex

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I’ll be loaded all right! Are you gonna make it?

I don't know if I can... I'll either have to bum a ride from someone, or I'll have to bring the whole family
redface.gif

would anyone be willing to bring a decent turntable? I just cannot stomach tearing mine down and hauling it up there, but I'd like to have a few people listen to two phono preamps and maybe help me decide which to keep...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back