DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Jun 13, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #256 of 354
I am quite disappointed with the BlueMini dongle. It sounds great, but battery life using LDAC is terrible. I don't get anywhere close to the 8hrs stated in the specs.
While I understand that LDAC is going to use a LOT more battery than AAC or (the dreaded) SBC, it is irritating to be listening to music and getting really zoned-in, then hearing those too loud low battery warnings from the BM. I can easily plug in a USB charger to the USB-C port on the BM, but what's the point? I just connected the Deva Pro to my Galaxy A51 using the supplied cable. Sound is still great; not sure if I can tell the difference between wired and the BlueMini, but for some reason, I prefer the BlueMini over wired, and it's not for convenience.

Jun 18, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #257 of 354
I just posted my review of the Deva Pro. It's a long review because I think there are some important things to discuss about the Deva Pro. It sounds great! IMO, Deva Pro is among the best-sounding options out there for a $200US headphone (for the wired version). But, there is the Bluemini + wired cross-compatibility wiring scheme that requires extra care to be taken with matching aftermarket cables, some fit issues, and I don't think it is as well-suited to OTG use, especially outdoors, as HiFiMan seems to want it to be. Explaining all that caused the video to grow to some length. Anyway, for those curious as to why I say all those things, here's the link:

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #258 of 354
Have you tried the R2R -> USB -> Apple Lightning to USB Camera Connection Kit -> iPhone? That might allow the R2R to work as a wired DAC/amp through the iPhone.
I have been using the camera kit v2 with m ipad and iPhone fine since christmas then I noticed other usb device playing up and now the r2r saying it’s drawing 2 much power, what the heck have apple done this time, any ideas. On the Himalaya DAC version of the blue mini there isn’t any instructions on how to disable power drawing through the USB unless anyone knows?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #259 of 354
Hello! Can anyone please suggest if the BlueMini R2R dongle is compatible with the first version of Hifiman Deva (Non Pro) ? I

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #261 of 354
Yes it is.
Thank you! I have the old Deva wired and I was wondering if this is possible. Going by few reviews Deva Pro seems to be a brighter HP, as compared to OG Deva, which is why I am skeptical to upgrade

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #262 of 354
Thank you! I have the old Deva wired and I was wondering if this is possible. Going by few reviews Deva Pro seems to be a brighter HP, as compared to OG Deva, which is why I am skeptical to upgrade
I would be curious as to how the R2R Bluemini synergizes with the OG deva because I have the OG also (w/bluemini first version), and one day I may need to replace it. I don't think it is possible to get the OG Bluemini anymore (except used).

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #263 of 354
I would be curious as to how the R2R Bluemini synergizes with the OG deva because I have the OG also (w/bluemini first version), and one day I may need to replace it. I don't think it is possible to get the OG Bluemini anymore (except used).
Yeah OG BlueMini isn't available anymore as far as I know.. Btw, What is your opinion on the OG Deva vs Deva Pro, how do they compare in terms of Sound Signature ?

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #264 of 354
Jul 29, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #266 of 354
I have sent my Bluemini R2R back and asked for a replacement, as the battery capacity has dropped significantly, after just a few months of use.

Lately, it lasted just 2 hours, and after fully loading overnight, the capacity indicator showed an 80% load.

I haven't received the replacement yet.

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #267 of 354
I have sent my Bluemini R2R back and asked for a replacement, as the battery capacity has dropped significantly, after just a few months of use.

Lately, it lasted just 2 hours, and after fully loading overnight, the capacity indicator showed an 80% load.

I haven't received the replacement yet.
But they have agreed to send you a new one?

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #268 of 354
Received my deva pro and blumini today. Man, this headphone has a chemical stink to it that gives me a headache. Might have to send it back if it doesn't subside. Anyone else have this experience? Love the sound tho thru the blue mini connected to fiio btr30 pro and ifi zenstream.

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #269 of 354
Received my deva pro and blumini today. Man, this headphone has a chemical stink to it that gives me a headache. Might have to send it back if it doesn't subside. Anyone else have this experience? Love the sound tho thru the blue mini connected to fiio btr30 pro and ifi zenstream.
I have recently had the same issue with my (newly aquired) Focal headphones. I have had them now for almost 2 weeks, and it DID go away (or I simply got used to it). Point is that I (at least) don't notice it anymore.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #270 of 354

I recall mine smelling a bit “fresh from the factory” initially but it went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back