DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Nov 1, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #46 of 355
I was also looking at the Drop Panda for some time but i heard about the QC issues, possible fit problems and lack of LDAC, and decided to pass. I read some review/post or watched some video where the reviewer mentioned he finds the sound profile of the Deva Pro with the stealth magnets very close to the Sundara. I haven't heard the Sundaras myself though, so can't really comment.
Hmm sound profile or sound quality, the fazors seem to be decreasing sound stage on the models they have updated with it. Depends how important it is if that matters to you though

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #47 of 355
I was also looking at the Drop Panda for some time but i heard about the QC issues, possible fit problems and lack of LDAC, and decided to pass. I read some review/post or watched some video where the reviewer mentioned he finds the sound profile of the Deva Pro with the stealth magnets very close to the Sundara. I haven't heard the Sundaras myself though, so can't really comment.
Hmm sound profile or sound quality, the razors seem to be decreasing sound stage on the models they have updated with it. Depends how important it is

Nov 1, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #48 of 355
Stay away from the pandas. I bought a used pair from amazon, and when I got them, I could not even get them to turn on, or charge
I went with the Grado GW100 V2 instead.

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #49 of 355
Hmm sound profile or sound quality, the fazors seem to be decreasing sound stage on the models they have updated with it. Depends how important it is if that matters to you though
More like sound profile (tonality). I found the impressions video .

I haven't heard any LCDs with the fazors but even on the LCD-2 i don't find the soundstage wide. Kind of sounds like the stealth magnets though. From what i've heard, on the Arya V3 it also kills the sound stage from the "normal" V2.

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #50 of 355
I have had mine arrive and have put them through an extensive test against the original Deva. The leaflet for the R2R bluemini says it won't work with iOS devices. That's not strictly true. It works as a wireless Bluetooth device with an iPhone and iPad no problem. The usb DAC/amp facility you get using it over OTG is Android only.
I tried them with the bluemini, on OTG and through the headphone cables. I compared the original and Pro versions through the HM1000 Red. Each of the connections was an improvement. Whichever way they're used, for the money, these are extremely impressive.

Nov 6, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #52 of 355
I have had mine arrive and have put them through an extensive test against the original Deva. The leaflet for the R2R bluemini says it won't work with iOS devices. That's not strictly true. It works as a wireless Bluetooth device with an iPhone and iPad no problem. The usb DAC/amp facility you get using it over OTG is Android only.
I tried them with the bluemini, on OTG and through the headphone cables. I compared the original and Pro versions through the HM1000 Red. Each of the connections was an improvement. Whichever way they're used, for the money, these are extremely impressive.

Have you tried the R2R -> USB -> Apple Lightning to USB Camera Connection Kit -> iPhone? That might allow the R2R to work as a wired DAC/amp through the iPhone.

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #54 of 355
That'll be for others to try as I'm an android owner, and life tends to be much easier for us! Here's no.2 of the 2 reviews I've put up

When you said it works as a BT device for iPhone/iPad no problem I assumed that you had tested it yourself. I'd still trust that statement to be true though, but the way it was worded made it seem like that was tested in person.

I do have a pair of these coming on Monday. I guess I'll test it out. One thing to note is that for USB-C iPads, they read more or less like MacBooks, so as long as the DAC is USB compliant, it'll work on those. iPhones and Lightning iPads are a different story.

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #55 of 355
I tested my pair with the USB camera kit on iphone. Works just fine. You don’t need the kit if plugged into an ipad pro (usb-c port). Sound quality differs significantly when plugged in but that is already expected.

Personally I find the flexibility of switching it up from a BT headphone, wired headphone for iphone/ipad and regular use with DAP/AMP a big plus point.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #56 of 355
I'm Hungarian because I don't speak English, so I use a google translator! That is why I apologize! So, it would be nice to finally have a real test. So far, you've just avoided it! Anyone who owns a Deva Pro should do a comprehensive test !! It's smearing, so that's it ..... Comparisons !!!

Nov 6, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #58 of 355
I compared it with sony xm4 and sundara. Sony xm4 bass sounds louder but when compared to deva pro, the latter is more balanced and lively. As for sundara, sundara has a more neutral clean sound; the deva pro is brighter. I personally love the additional layer the deva pro provides vs those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back