DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Oct 25, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #31 of 354
REALLY enjoying these! Just wanted to comment that the Bluetooth sound quality is stellar--and VERY loud volume. I own or have tried pretty much every BT headphone out there and can honestly state that these are the best sounding most comfortable that I have come across.
If you are sitting the fence about buying---get these! I am really impressed---:jecklinsmile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ive seen some reviews talking about difference on sound with bt vs wired.

Still waiting for stock on europe

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #32 of 354
I don't know that I'd say warm, smooth or relaxed might be better? There's plenty of detail and good resolution for the price. Highs aren't in your face, bass isn't boosted, mids are well-presented. Build is lots of plastic but it doesn't feel bad, really light. Earpads are removable but proprietary, and the mounting rings are attached to the stock pads. So you'd either need to sacrifice the stock pads to reuse the mounting ring, figure out another way to mount new pads (adhesive?), or hope for 3rd party solutions.

20211018_095541.JPG

It seems to be the same earpads from 5xx and deva. Lot of solutions on AliExpress.

Im more worried about the headband, cant find a nice solution for it.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #33 of 354
It seems to be the same earpads from 5xx and deva. Lot of solutions on AliExpress.

Im more worried about the headband, cant find a nice solution for it.

Do you have a link to Deva/5XX pads on AliExpress? All I can find are pads with Hifimans old style mounting ring, not the one from the Deva/5XX. Hifiman does sell Deva pads, but really I'm just looking to salvage the mounting ring to try different pads so a cheap AliExpress pair would be ideal.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #34 of 354
I had the same problem with finding replacements for the headbands on my Denon D2000 (peeling) and Beyer T1 (foam padding totally deflated) so i got ZMF Pilot Pads to wrap the headbands instead. Super comfy and they have been holding up very well. But they add quite a fair bit of thickness so i need to crank the extensions on both headphones to the max in order to fit my head. Not sure if it's a good fit on the Deva though, have to test it out once mine arrive today (can't wait!).

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #35 of 354
Just received mine and doing some initial listening to via wired (using my Arya stock cable) while the Bluemini charges. Running off a Schitt Vali 2 paired to a Modi 3. Initial impressions to my ears is that they are abit on the brighter side compared to my other cans, even the Arya or 1st Gen Beyer T1. Bass is fast but feels like it's lacking texture and extension. Sound is quite airy though the soundstage isn't particularly wide. Imaging and separation i feel seems abit weak for now, as i'm having trouble picking up lines that i normally hear quite clearly. Will update again once it has a chance to break-in.

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #36 of 354
Tried Bluetooth last night (LDAC on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro) and wow, this thing does not sound like a wireless headphone at all, none of that usual squashing of dynamics, lost detail and compression artifacts. There is abit of extra latency (~20ms) with this setup though but i can compensate for that via the shield settings. I'm quite amazed how well powered the cans are from that tiny dongle that also has to house the R2R DAC, BT SOC and battery.

I am missing the ability to adjust volume (perhaps more accurately) on the Bluemini itself as the volume steps on my Shield are abit too large. Also, the Bluetooth wants to stay paired to only one device at a time, so it's not great for use on multiple devices.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #37 of 354
I have been waiting for a decent sounding planar bluetooth headphone that meets a normal budget. The Ananda BTs were on my wishlist for a while now and glad I didn't splash the cash just yet. On the flip side, the new edition XS can seem to be a giant killer at $429 if it indeed sounds like the edition XV2 or even better. Waiting for proper reviews on both the deva pro and edition XS.

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #38 of 354
I ordered the Deva Pro on Amazon and got a bad pair. The Bluemini dongle would not fit securely on the left ear cup. Music played and they sounded great, but it went in at an angle and the lip of the dongle that secures the connection wouldn't clip onto the earpiece. As a result, the dongle would twist about 1/8". The dongle fit perfectly into the right earpiece.

Has anyone else had this issue

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #39 of 354
I ordered the Deva Pro on Amazon and got a bad pair. The Bluemini dongle would not fit securely on the left ear cup. Music played and they sounded great, but it went in at an angle and the lip of the dongle that secures the connection wouldn't clip onto the earpiece. As a result, the dongle would twist about 1/8". The dongle fit perfectly into the right earpiece.

Has anyone else had this issue
How does it sound, have you had any comparisons with other Planars?

Oct 31, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #40 of 354
I only listened for an hour before packing them up to return. I’ve tried a bunch of Bluetooth headphones and they played louder than any others and were still clear at higher volumes.
I’ll give them another shot down the road, I’m just concerned about quality control.

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #41 of 354
I only listened for an hour before packing them up to return. I’ve tried a bunch of Bluetooth headphones and they played louder than any others and were still clear at higher volumes.
I’ll give them another shot down the road, I’m just concerned about quality control.
Welcome to the world of HiFiMan. Wonderful musicality, questionable build and QC. It's a hold-your-breath crap shoot every time you order a HiFiMan product.

Oct 31, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #42 of 354
Hmm.. strange, the bluemini on my set fits very snugly. And yeah, they are already plenty loud at only around 1/3 volume on my shield.

The Deva Pro is my second pair of Hifimans, the first being the 2nd gen Arya. So far the QC for the headphones themselves seems ok, although i've also tended to baby them due to the comments i've read about build quality. However the QC on their earpads are really quite bad, every pad seems slightly different in shape and thickness, even the replacement pads i got for my Arya are also abit different side to side, though much better than the pads that came with it. My Deva Pro pads also have slight irregularities side to side but it's alot better than the original Arya pads i received, so maybe they are getting better. They aren't anywhere near as plush as the Arya ones though, they kinda feel abit stiff on the head even after many hours of use, although they are still a pretty comfortable headphone to wear because of the light weight.

Oct 31, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #43 of 354
How does it sound, have you had any comparisons with other Planars?
I only have the non-fazor original LCD-2 and Arya for comparison but really, even between those 2 cans, they sound very different. But just to update on my initial out-of-box impressions based on wired, after many 10s of hours of burn-in (i just use them wired throughout the day, not my usual burn-in playlist), the sound has improved drastically. The overly hot treble has toned down a lot, the low-end has filled out both in terms of extension, quantity and quality, so now the sound is a lot more coherent. Soundstage still isn't particularly wide but the imaging and separation has improved a lot. I would say it's good value even if it were only a wired headphone.

I'll share more thoughts on the bluetooth (LDAC) sound quality once i've got at least 100 hours on them and they've "settled in".

Oct 31, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #44 of 354
I only have the non-fazor original LCD-2 and Arya for comparison but really, even between those 2 cans, they sound very different. But just to update on my initial out-of-box impressions based on wired, after many 10s of hours of burn-in (i just use them wired throughout the day, not my usual burn-in playlist), the sound has improved drastically. The overly hot treble has toned down a lot, the low-end has filled out both in terms of extension, quantity and quality, so now the sound is a lot more coherent. Soundstage still isn't particularly wide but the imaging and separation has improved a lot. I would say it's good value even if it were only a wired headphone.

I'll share more thoughts on the bluetooth (LDAC) sound quality once i've got at least 100 hours on them and they've "settled in".
The only other Bluetooth set I owned was the Drop Panda which I got rid of due to the QC issues and problems with drop support. I plan on getting the Deva Pro soon, however in two minds about getting either the Deva or the Sundaras. I currently own the Focal Clears but would like to add and distinguish the many genres I listen to with a decent 300-500$ Planar set.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #45 of 354
The only other Bluetooth set I owned was the Drop Panda which I got rid of due to the QC issues and problems with drop support. I plan on getting the Deva Pro soon, however in two minds about getting either the Deva or the Sundaras. I currently own the Focal Clears but would like to add and distinguish the many genres I listen to with a decent 300-500$ Planar set.
I was also looking at the Drop Panda for some time but i heard about the QC issues, possible fit problems and lack of LDAC, and decided to pass. I read some review/post or watched some video where the reviewer mentioned he finds the sound profile of the Deva Pro with the stealth magnets very close to the Sundara. I haven't heard the Sundaras myself though, so can't really comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back