DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Dec 10, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #106 of 355
Can the new Bluetooth Mini do multipoint?
I am considering purchasing the Deva Pro, and would be using them with both my Windows 10 or 11 (I have both OS's) PC and my Android 11 phone.
It would be convenient if I didn't have to go through the un-pairing and re-pairing when I wanted to switch between the phone and PC.
That said, when I really want to LISTEN to the music, I would use the WIRED mode. I have a Schiit Modius / Magnius stack with balanced hp output. That's how I have my Senn HD600's wired. So I would want to use the Deva Pro the same way. I guess I would need to purchase the XLR to TRRS cable - or perhaps build another one myself.

Dec 13, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #107 of 355
I was looking around for new Bluetooth headphones and ran into the Deva Pro. After reading some positive reviews I found one at a local store and bought one. These are surprisingly good and deserve the praise they're getting for their price point.

20211213_085921.jpg

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #108 of 355
I just ordered the Deva Pro from Amazon. Same price as HiFiMAN store, and delivery tomorrow!
Now I need to buy or build an adapter to convert the 4-pin XLR on my Schiit Magnius to 3.5mm TRRS for the Deva Pro. From what I read in the description, they come with the balanced TRRS cable, so all I need is the adapter.
I was kind of hoping that I could use the Deva Pro in wireless mode with my Windows PC, but apparently Windows 11 won't support aptx, so I would be stuck with AAC.
OTOH, my Samsung Galaxy A51 with Android 11 does support aptx, but not aptx HD. Still better than AAC, right?

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #109 of 355
I just ordered the Deva Pro from Amazon. Same price as HiFiMAN store, and delivery tomorrow!
Now I need to buy or build an adapter to convert the 4-pin XLR on my Schiit Magnius to 3.5mm TRRS for the Deva Pro. From what I read in the description, they come with the balanced TRRS cable, so all I need is the adapter.
I was kind of hoping that I could use the Deva Pro in wireless mode with my Windows PC, but apparently Windows 11 won't support aptx, so I would be stuck with AAC.
OTOH, my Samsung Galaxy A51 with Android 11 does support aptx, but not aptx HD. Still better than AAC, right?
How it is that the Galaxy A51 with Android 11 doesn't support aptX HD?
Strange.

Dec 14, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #112 of 355
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #113 of 355

They didn't come with a balanced cable in the box when I bought them in October. They might have added one, but it's also possible the Amazon description is wrong.

Dec 14, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #114 of 355
Thanks for the heads-up on the cable. This is what I read in the Amazon description:
>>Input Option 2 –Wired Inbox 3.5mm balanced cable (3.5mm TRRS on the left)<<

Did I see the word 'Inbox' and assume it meant that the cable was included in the box?

Edit: I found that Amazon copied that text directly from the HiFiMAN website. It does state "Inbox 3.5mm balanced cable"
Wouldn't you take that to indicate the cable is included in the box?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #115 of 355
Thanks for the heads-up on the cable. This is what I read in the Amazon description:
>>Input Option 2 –Wired Inbox 3.5mm balanced cable (3.5mm TRRS on the left)<<

Did I see the word 'Inbox' and assume it meant that the cable was included in the box?

Edit: I found that Amazon copied that text directly from the HiFiMAN website. It does state "Inbox 3.5mm balanced cable"
Wouldn't you take that to indicate the cable is included in the box?

Yeah that definitely sounds like one is included. Guess you'll see for sure when you get it.

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #120 of 355
Thanks Ichos; I read part of your review - and can clearly see that the cable supplied with the Deva Pro is a SE cable, not balanced. Let's see what actually comes in the box when I receive the cans today.
I did purchase an adapter (4-pin XLR to 3.5mm TRRS), but I suppose I could send it back to Amazon for a refund if it doesn't work with the setup.
If I need a balanced cable, I have a spare 4-pin XLR male (Neutrik) but don't enjoy soldering the 3.5mm plugs one bit. Too small, and I really don't have the right wire.
So I guess I would just buy a balanced cable. That said, I plan to use the Deva Pro mainly with BT on my Android phone.
If the volume cap is anything like what I have experienced with Android before, it won't bother me. I rarely try to crank the volume all the way up. The only time I did (needing to disable the Android volume limit) was while listening to an audiobook. I seem to recall getting a warning when I hit the vol up button a certain number of times. Then just accept the warning and listen at higher volume. Not sure what it's like in Android 11 though.

Edit: How would one use the Deva Pro for phone calls if it doesn't have a microphone?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back