DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Nov 23, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #91 of 345
I have tried with various Android devices like phone and tablet.
Not yet tested with Windows PC, I will try tomorrow.

Just tried it with my phone and you're right, max volume is much lower than PC or Bluetooth. This might have something to do with how Android handles USB audio devices, so it's possible an app like USB Audio Player Pro that bypasses Android default audio stack might fix the issue, but I don't have it installed currently so I couldn't test.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #92 of 345
Just tried it with my phone and you're right, max volume is much lower than PC or Bluetooth. This might have something to do with how Android handles USB audio devices, so it's possible an app like USB Audio Player Pro that bypasses Android default audio stack might fix the issue, but I don't have it installed currently so I couldn't test.
OK, thank you for testing.
I used to have uapp but not now so I can't test.

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #94 of 345
Does your source device show battery info for BT devices? Some support it, some don’t. I know on my iPhone I can see the remaining (reported) battery left on the BlueMini. I don’t remember how much power my BlueMini came with from the factory, but not all batteries are charged to full before being shipped. A lot of instructions ask the user to charge the device before using for this reason.

A quick test would have been to charge it overnight and see if the sound came back.
It seems like it's gone, without me doing anything specific. I really do not know what it was and at this point I don't think I can trace the original source of the problem. Oh well, we'll see if it comes up again.
It is super loud, I always turn it on and wait for it to connect before putting on my headphones. I don't have the repetivie boop-boop sound though
Agreed. Very loud. However, if playing music, notification sounds seemed normal. It’s only when without music it is ear piercing.
Thanks for confirming. None of the reviews I've seen mentioned this, so I was wondering if it was just my unit, but it seems like it's not so I'll probably mention it in mine.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #95 of 345
I dig the more serious look of this colorway over the regular Deva, but the biggest upgrade is the dual entry capability, this makes balanced cables a lot easier to source, particularly if one already has some as many of us do, compatible with this set. And the R2R BlueMini is intriguing!
Sadly not. The two entry points are for SE cables only, for balanced you will need a TRRS 3.5 into just the one earcup the same one as the bluemini plugs Into.So this will be a single cable for balanced mode and hopefully someone will make a tip ring ring sleeve 3.5 to Pentacom 4.4 or I’m going to have to pay for a fully custom cable or make one. I’d also like a female TRRS cable that the bluemini plugs into that splits into two TRS cables wired for balanced, this would allow me to use the bluemini with my Sundaras and other balanced 3.5 headphones, of course you could also have cables with difference earcup connectors. The bluemini won’t be able to attach directly to other headphones but I’ll rig something up. So the future if this approach is followed will be single cable balanced headphones 😁

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #96 of 345
Sadly not. The two entry points are for SE cables only, for balanced you will need a TRRS 3.5 into just the one earcup the same one as the bluemini plugs Into.So this will be a single cable for balanced mode and hopefully someone will make a tip ring ring sleeve 3.5 to Pentacom 4.4 or I’m going to have to pay for a fully custom cable or make one. I’d also like a female TRRS cable that the bluemini plugs into that splits into two TRS cables wired for balanced, this would allow me to use the bluemini with my Sundaras and other balanced 3.5 headphones, of course you could also have cables with difference earcup connectors. The bluemini won’t be able to attach directly to other headphones but I’ll rig something up. So the future if this approach is followed will be single cable balanced headphones 😁

The 3.5mm TRRS on the Deva Pro is the same as the Fostex T60RP and Oppo PM-3 (and maybe the Sony MDR-1AM2 also?), so it's not that hard to find. Hart Audio and plenty of other cable makers make them, or there's cheapo stuff like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173397162319?hash=item285f46b94f:g:DDYAAOSwKMxbP3wY

Your cable idea for the Bluemini will probably need to be a custom job though

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #97 of 345

Ah, so sad! That kind of cools me to the whole idea of upgrading to the Pro from my normal Deva -- fiddlesticks! :sweat_smile:

The double entry now seems like a tease....

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #100 of 345
It is an iOS software issue. Though it could also be in part due to the fact that the Deva BT requests too much power vs the Ananda BT I have. The Deva BT requires less volume from my iPhone to get to proper volume compared to the Ananda BT despite also being less sensitive (93.5 dB/18 ohm vs 105 dB/25 ohm). Based on that I'd just assume that the Deva BT has to draw more power to drive the Deva BT compared to the Ananda BT.
yes totally different DAC'S on Ananda, many external dongle, small DAP'S etc have an issue with IOS devices as they have. max power of 100ma, with dual camera kit that increases to 500ma but still ropey. Any decent device should have a low power draw mode byt many don't. I recently fot the ifi go blu and that dosent work usb connected as there is no way of setting charge to off or low power mode, bad bad manufacturers 🥸

Nov 25, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #105 of 345
Shame it dosent work with a iPad or iphone
It does work with the iPad Pro. The volume steps are a bit stronger when wired though (vs BT). I’d assume it would work with any USB-C Apple device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back