Sep 10, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #31 of 76
I'm having the same problem.

Where are the pictures???

I want to see those pics
mad.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #34 of 76
I exceeded the free limit and I am breaking it into 2 linked sites. I am getting sleepy so it is going slower than it should.

Sep 10, 2003 at 12:40 PM Post #37 of 76
First Page bottom left pic is me. Also second page, top row third pic from left; I am talking to Mikhail about the Wadia remote and how substantial it was.

I will let the others identify themselves if they want to.

Sep 10, 2003 at 1:08 PM Post #38 of 76
The player with the open top is a 270se that I didn't have time to put the top, bottom, and shielding on. I don't wake up on saturday mornings very well.
smily_headphones1.gif

The prototype is sitting next to tuberoller's turntable. It's not wearing its front panel. Trust me, it will look nicer for production.

I'm the one in the blue Michigan Engineering shirt.

Cheers,
Jeff

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:12 PM Post #39 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
Well things are working again (crosses fingers).
Take a look here:
http://home.comcast.net/~jcb250/
There are new pictures on the second page.

Wow ! Thanks for posting those pics, that's one bunch of happy campers... and with that variety of gear it's no wonder. Must have been a great time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #40 of 76
Thanks for the pics and reviews guys...looks like a fantastic day. What's that beautiful wood-topped laptop I see in one of the pics?
John

Sep 10, 2003 at 3:58 PM Post #41 of 76
This meet was again worth the trip. I really enjoyed being in the company of very good people who really understand and enjoy our hobby. Supporting and promoting headphone hifi is what it's all about. First and foremost, without Jude there wouldn't be a head-fi community and all the terrific and amazing things that come with it. Jude, a big thanks for all of your dedication and efforts! You’re a great host, friend and fellow headphone audiophile.

It's hard to fully convey the feeling of family that I felt at this meet. Everyone knew each other, and understands each other’s listening preferences. Having some the world's finest audio equipment in one room is absolutely amazing as well.

Thanks to everyone who organize, and can make these meets. I hope to be able to attend as many as I can. Fred, you're at every meet I've been to, I hope we'll see each other at every one. Always great to see you!

I hope to make more of these meets as time and resources permit. Traveling is not always fun, but I'm always happy to make it to these meets, and see familiar faces again.

Thanks again to all who make these meets a success!

Sep 10, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #42 of 76
damn you, americans!
i can't find one single head-fier in israel!
mad.gif
mad.gif

until now, the main focus here was on amps for sure. give us some of your findings about the 'phones!

Mikhail, hello!
tell us a bit about that PPX3.. and how big is it. do you have a website for info?

Sep 10, 2003 at 6:50 PM Post #43 of 76
I'm the cat with the Wadia box -- it's not as heavy as I'm making it look (okay, at 55 to 60 pounds, maybe it is), it was just starting to slip out of my hands (and you'd look like that, too, if a high-dollar transport was slipping out of your hands
wink.gif
).[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
Wow ! Thanks for posting those pics, that's one bunch of happy campers... and with that variety of gear it's no wonder. Must have been a great time.
smily_headphones1.gif

[/size]It was a great meet, man -- best one I've been to so far. Again, it was fun seeing so many familiar faces, and great meeting a couple of very nice, cool new members, too. Of course, having so much groovy equipment on hand certainly helps things along.[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Thanks for the pics and reviews guys...looks like a fantastic day. What's that beautiful wood-topped laptop I see in one of the pics?
John

[/size]John, that's my Dell Inspiron 8500 with a faux wood panel that Neil bought for me so we could tell our otherwise identical laptops apart.

Sep 10, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #44 of 76
sounds like the PPX3 should be as small as an EMP, more or less, no?

has anyone ever compared them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back