Detroit Area Meet: Fri May 20 @ Wadia
May 5, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #61 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcdonou
Just curious, do I need to bring extension cords? Is there enough receptacles for all this equipment? Are there going to be power strips?

Do we have opportunities to mix and match gear at a meet? I might want to try out someone's amp with my Ack Dack 2.0 and vice versa.

The room we'll be in has about 16 dual outlets. Each is hospital grade and has its own electric circuit off of a main dual-isolated electrical service. ie, the best possible setup without resorting to regeneration. I linked some photos Jude took of the room awhile back below. BTW, I'm still open to leaving the stereo rig intact but it takes up a lot of room. There's still a conference room and large hallway available though. Let me know if you have a preference but no guarantees.

We should have a fair amount of power cords laying around but it's always good to bring extras. Ditto for extensions. Power strips are key; I don't believe that Wadia owns any quality ones.

Mixing around gear is fine as long as the equipment owners' are cool with it. I plan to do a bit of it myself.

IMG_0851_listening_room1_500wide.jpg

IMG_0867_listening_room3_500wide.jpg

May 5, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #62 of 97
If there will be enough room in the conference room/hall, I'd really love to have the listening room left intact. I haven't heard a good speaker rig since the meet at Ray's house in Chicago, and I was really tired at the time.

If not, I completely understand, but I'd just love to hear it.

May 16, 2005 at 10:22 AM Post #63 of 97
I am not crapping this thread but I wanna wish you all a great time at this meet!

I really wish I could make this one but driving back from detroit at 9pm and having to be at the place at 8am for the Chicago meet will hurt me beyond!

You are all invited to the Chicago meet if anyone has energy left over, don't worry about the drive back I will have somuch coffee there you won't even need to fill your gas tanks to get back...youll probably be able to run back faster hahahaha.

either way we all need to meet up in the summer, I had a ball at Tom's place last year. Have Fun Boys and girls!

Billy D

May 16, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #64 of 97
Alright, so I just realized I will definitely not be able to go.

Have fun guys.

May 16, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #65 of 97
Well, we've got five days until this thing...I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty excited!!
biggrin.gif

Jefemeister, how are we looking for sources??

May 16, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #66 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Well, we've got five days until this thing...I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty excited!!

Me too!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to compare my Eastsound to some of the Wadia's.

May 16, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #67 of 97
Yeah, I am excited too. Just got back my MPX3 today. I upgraded to Solen III and Black Gates. Got my Ack Dack 2.0 back with preburned in teflon caps on Friday. Time to listen to some music!

Hey, I was talking with Mikhail of Singlepower the other day and he said we was thinking about attending our meet. I got an email on Saturday saying that it looks like he may be able to attend. That would be cool. I don't know if he would be able to bring any equipment, but I tried to talk him into bringing his new solid state amp.

What are we doing about food? Are we all going to chip in and get take out or are we on our own?

May 16, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #68 of 97
Yep, the meet date is quickly approaching. For those not keeping score, it is this Friday. We should have a few sources but I obviously can not provide a source for every setup (or anywhere near it.) Please bring your own if available. This will also make for some interesting comparisons. I've exchanged an email with Mikhail welcoming him to the meet, but I'm not sure exactly what he's doing yet. I advised him to post here with his intentions. Don't worry about the food and drink, it will be covered.

May 16, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #69 of 97
For a source I was planning to just bring my laptop, Squeezebox 2, and Ack Dack 2.0. However, I'll also bring my NAD 541i. It's not as good as my Ack Dack, but it's not junk either.

May 16, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #70 of 97
As far as sources go, all I've got is an iHP-140 and my computer with an AV-710 and an Audigy 2. I was hoping to have my AV-710 upgraded with new power caps and output stage by the time of the meet, but I don't think that will happen. Besides, my computer is about as quiet as a vacuum cleaner so I don't think you'd appreciate having it there.

However, I WILL have my dynalo and grados in time for the meet
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #71 of 97
I've just confirmed that I'll have a chance to come out to the meet. It's been a long time since the last Wadia meet. This is last minute planning due to our busy schedule.

I look forward to seeing many familiar faces and new Head-Fi members.

Thanks,
Mikhail

May 16, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #72 of 97
Great! I met Ray Samuels and Kevin Gilmore in Chicago and now I get a chance to meet Tyll and Mikhail.
cool.gif

May 17, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #73 of 97
I'll be there too, obviously. Recurring PC problems have limited my ability to even get online of late and reply to this, but thats been addressed, granted, at significant expense!
I'm also in for the pub crawl.
Really looking forward to this meet.
The only unfortunately, problematic thing is that I wont be able to bring a source or amp since I will be at meetings in downtown Detroit on Friday for work, and coming to the meet directly from there when we wrap up. I may try hard to look for the best in people but even given that, I am not willing to trust that my SACD MODS 555ES and Moth amp will still be in my Audi TT in a public parking lot when I return many hours later. Given that the car has no trunk, or even covered area, I'm just way too open to losing things to thieves in that area.
frown.gif

JC

May 17, 2005 at 10:05 AM Post #74 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
biggrin.gif

Jefemeister, how are we looking for sources??

I am bringing my Meridian 507.24 source, we can use it for what ever?

May 17, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #75 of 97
Nightfall,

Ah, c'mon man, you gotta bring your Moth and modded Sony. I bet that is a really nice combo. Can't you store it at your office while you are at meetings?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back