Detroit Area Meet: Fri May 20 @ Wadia
May 18, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #76 of 97
I'm about to wet myself. We now have three of the top headamp designers in the world under one roof! I just got word from Ray Samuels that he'll be there with his full setup including a new phono stage.

May 18, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #77 of 97
Holy s**! I'm going to be so nervous with such company I won't know what to do with myself. That aside, what a great opportunity to hear some serious gear!!!

I'm totally stoked. Now with this incredible buffet of audio gear, all I need to do is keep focused on making sure I listen to a few key headphones and amps with my critical ear before everything blurs together.

May 18, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #78 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcdonou
Holy s**! I'm going to be so nervous with such company I won't know what to do with myself. That aside, what a great opportunity to hear some serious gear!!!

It's obvious you've never meet them! You'll have a hard time finding three easier going and friendly guys.
600smile.gif

May 18, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #79 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
I'm about to wet myself. We now have three of the top headamp designers in the world under one roof! I just got word from Ray Samuels that he'll be there with his full setup including a new phono stage.

Wow this is going to be a great meet!

May 18, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #80 of 97
Ray is going to be there to!? It will be great to hang out with him again... too bad he wont be bringing his speaker rig with him.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #81 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister

I heard Ray's phono stage at the last Chicago meet at his home. It's something really special. That will be a treat.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #82 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcdonou
Nightfall,

Ah, c'mon man, you gotta bring your Moth and modded Sony. I bet that is a really nice combo. Can't you store it at your office while you are at meetings?
wink.gif

Wish I could work out a way to do this but I havent managed to. I have to be down there extremely early for these meetings. I will be parking a couple city blocks from the high rise bulding which isnt owned by my corporation, where the meetings will be held, on the 31'st floor.
frown.gif

Cant see any way to safely lug around an 80+ pound amplifer and a 40+ pound cd source with me, even if there were somewhere to leave them, which, unfortunately, there isnt.

JC

May 18, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #83 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
I heard Ray's phono stage at the last Chicago meet at his home. It's something really special. That will be a treat.
biggrin.gif

I spent some serious time listening to this in Montana at Todd's audio extravaganza in February, and can also vouch for the fact that this is a WORLD CLASS phono stage, with simply remarkable flexibility. In the high end vinyl audiophile circles , this might well be the product that makes Ray a legend.

JC

May 18, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #86 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Room for a last minute entry? Or two?

gs

Absolutely! We'd love to have you. It will be nice to finally meet you in person.

May 19, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #89 of 97
Hope to see you there Guru... you will get to see how your amp finished off my rig nicely.
wink.gif

May 19, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #90 of 97
still taking reservation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back